1. fireflies

GROWING PAINS

chapter one ; fireflies
[ season three - episode two]

chapter one ; fireflies[ season three - episode two]

𝐇𝐄𝐑 long blond hair was pulled into a high ponytail, a black leather jacket wrapped around her petite, unhealthy body, acting as a blanket as she sat on the edge of the vault door. Her legs had been pulled to her chest and her hand was still wrapped around her pained wrist, replacing the handcuffs she had become so accustomed to hurting her. 

Allison sat closely beside her, almost protective of the girl. She assumed that at one point, when she was ready, the blonde would open up to the idea of comfort, and she was willing to provide it. Perhaps it would be easier to confess her feelings to someone she didn't know. Someone who didn't know the girl she was before, the one who had no expectations from her. The blonde still didn't know who she even was, the brunette, was who she referred to her as in her head, so far, all of her thoughts had been in her head. She hadn't spoken. It was like her throat was cut. But what could they expect from her? 

While she didn't know the brunette or anything about her, Allison had heard plenty about her. How could she not? She was a town legend. For all of the wrong reasons, but she was loved, all of this town talked highly of her, remembering her like she was a national treasure. Whether it was from Scott, Stiles, Lydia or even Jackson, she had heard tales of the blonde and the effect she had had on each of their lives. To the point Allison almost felt like she knew her herself. It was strange to actually meet the girl, realizing she knew nothing at all. 

Derek hadn't stuck around to find out more about the mysterious girl, he walked off in search of Erica, a girl Noelle had met during her time in the vault. She, like Boyd and Cora, had become a good friend. Family, almost. She knew what had happened to her, she had witnessed it with her very own eyes, she just didn't have the heart to explain it to them. Luckily, Allison knew some of the story, enough for her to be able to tell Derek that she was dead, shoved in a storage closet as though she was a piece of trash. 

That wasn't easy for any of them. Not even Scott, though nobody could quite tell what the wolf was thinking anymore. His face was still, he was still processing everything, he was shocked, he felt as though everything he knew was a lie. For two years, he had been living a lie. Mourning a girl who had been alive, and in this very town, the entire time. 

In the moments Allison had glanced over at Scott, he saw how he looked at her. She could still remember when he told her about Noelle for the first time. Jackson had told her first, hoping to ruin their relationship by bringing up the girl Scott had kept a secret. She could remember how she stormed into the canteen that day, slamming her hands down on the table, demanding that he tell her who Noelle was and what she had been to him. Of course, when she found out why he had kept it from her, she was distraught. She had shouted at him for not wanting to talk about a loss that meant so much to him. That would have been a normal thing to break the two of them up, that was when the supernatural had only just begun infiltrating their lives. Before it grew bad enough that they could no longer be together.