𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , anchors

anchors

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

anchors

Her pink sheets became knotted as she tossed and turned, kicking them to the bottom of the bed as she tried to escape another nightmare, mumbling an argument to herself in her sleep, becoming so flustered that she managed to work up a sweat. Her usually flawless blonde hair was now a knotted mess in the two plaits she had put it in for bed. In the months since Noelle had escaped the vault, she'd struggled to get a good night's sleep, but in the past few weeks, that had become the understatement of the century. Every time she closed her eyes she was haunted by another terrifying nightmare, most of which, weren't new to her, but they were scarier than when she usually experienced them, they felt more real, more painful and most nights, she had woken up in a flustered panic, sometimes screaming until she'd woken up two werewolves who would rush into her room, holding her tightly until the screaming stopped.

After the first few days of Noelle waking them up in the middle of the night with her screams, Isaac and Scott had taken it in turns sleeping in the room with her, hoping that she would find comfort in knowing that someone else was sleeping on the other side of the room. But every night ended up with her jolting upright, barely able to catch her breath, or of course, screaming in fear, waking whichever wolf was in the room that night. At times, it was a normal scream, and others, the blonde would wake up screaming her dad's name as tears streamed down her face.

She didn't have to tell them for them to know what night she was reliving in her nightmares, it was the night she had lost her father, they'd heard about it before, how she watched her house burn to the ground with Jack inside of it while she screamed his name. He had managed to get his two children and wife out of the house, but just as he had gotten his little girl out, the smoke he inhaled had become too much for him to bear, his body gave up on him as he dropped to the floor, his daughter looking him in the eyes through the flames as the house collapsed on him.

Eventually, after nights of shifts being taken between Isaac and Scott of sleeping in her room, it became clear that it didn't matter the conditions that the blonde slept in, how many attempts she made to block out the nightmares, they prevailed. Her own mind had too much fun playing tricks on her, tormenting, playing on her deepest fears, and making her relive the worst night of her life. She couldn't keep letting them have sleepless nights because they were scared to take their eyes off of her, though she couldn't stop the screaming when she woke up from one of her nightmares, she had asked the two werewolves to leave her be, allow her to suffer from the pain of her own mind until she stopped her own screaming and fell back asleep. A plan neither Scott nor Isaac was happy with, they would have continued giving up their own sleep if it meant that Noelle got a decent one, but she hadn't allowed them the choice, she insisted on it, and now she had all of that power inside of her, neither wanted to rile her.

Most nights when Noelle found herself reliving the worst night of her life, she was nothing more than the nine-year-old girl she had been when it had all occurred, hopeless, reliving the events in the exact way they had been. Her father saving her from her bedroom, throwing her over his shoulder as he ran through the crumbling upstairs of their family home while they inhaled all of the smoke from the fire, until he reached the front door, urging her to run to safety where Cole and Camila waited for her, slowly joined by neighbors and the fire brigade. Where she watched him die from the distance, able to see straight through the flames as if it were a natural thing to do, now, she knew that that wasn't natural, but another thing that her kind could do.