𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 , weaponized

weaponized

weaponized

Other than the sound of rain, Scott's room was quiet, it was just the three of them sitting around a pile of cash on his bedroom floor. Five hundred thousand dollars. That was how much Garrett and Violet had earned from their killing spree. They had killed enough supernaturals to earn the number of some people's mortgages. The three sat quietly, concentrating as they listened to the tape they'd found in the ex-lacrosse player's bag, none of them quite understood what it meant. There was talk of IP addresses and wire transfers, something none of them had ever made, they were seventeen, they'd never had enough money to make wire transfers.

Frankly, they didn't understand any of this. They couldn't understand why anyone would use all of this money just to kill them, Stiles couldn't be entirely sure of the reason, but from what he'd gathered, someone really wanted them dead. Badly. That was something the couple gathered a long time ago when they had almost died multiple times over the past few weeks. When all the supernaturals in Beacon Hills had begun dropping like flies.

Darby and Peyton should be packing their bags as they speak, with any luck, they would already be on the road, following the desperate warning that Noelle had given them over the phone, she had known it was serious the moment the first third of the dead pool was cracked, but now that their name was on it too, it was serious, whoever was doing this would already be working their way down the list, just like Garrett had tried to kill Liam.

For a moment the three of them looked down at the pile of cash, still in disbelief that they were so close to five hundred thousand dollars in the first place, and then the Alpha began frantically packing it back into the bag, confusing the others who questioned what he was doing, what he planned on doing with it. Scott insisted that it was late, the three of them had PSATs tomorrow, they needed to sleep, to prepare, to be focused on anything but money and dead pools.

Stiles stopped him, reminding him that it was five hundred thousand dollars, asking if he knew how much money that was. Of course, Scott knew, it was five hundred thousand dollars, Stiles corrected him, that wasn't what he meant, it was half a million dollars. He couldn't just slide all of the cash beneath his mattress, that he knew, if hadn't taken long for Noelle to find it, and all she had to do was trip up, if his mother ever had the chance to search his room while they were out, he would be done for.

The Alpha needed to talk to Derek, the money was his, or as Noelle reminded him, Peter's too. It belonged to both of them. Scott questioned what she meant by that, the tone she had said it in, as though they should rethink what they were doing because it belonged to Peter. And that was exactly what she meant, she suggested that the three of them proceed with caution. Scott found it hard to fathom how she of all people was suggesting to keep it from Derek, she was practically one of them, an honorary Hale. He questioned if she really thought they shouldn't tell him.

Noelle shook her head, of course, they should tell him, it was just that some of that money was Peter's. Peter. The homicidal killer. She questioned whether the two of them really wanted that man to have five hundred thousand dollars. Still trying to understand what she was saying, they asked if she wanted to give Derek his money back, but not Peter. Frankly, they weren't sure that it was even Noelle they were talking to, she had always seemed like an advocate for good in the world, she was another Scott, but tonight she'd changed her tune.