Control

I walk downstairs to grab something to eat before school and see just my dad standing in the kitchen

I walk downstairs to grab something to eat before school and see just my dad standing in the kitchen. I ask "Where's everyone else?"

he says "Mom's at work, Roman took Dallas to school so we could talk." I say "But we have nothing to talk about."

he says "Yes, we do, Maddison. you have been very cleverly avoiding me since I got here on Friday."

I say "Exactly. some people. Smart people would take that as a hint that we have nothing to talk about." he sighs and says "Maddison. I am your father. we have to talk."

I scoff turning to him and saying "No, my father is an asshole who abandoned my family. you and I just share half the same DNA."

he yells "Maddison! do not speak to me that way!" I shake my head in anger "What do you want? say it and get it over with."

he sighs and says "I'm getting you all back but I only can take one at a time. so I'm starting with Dallas. he's the youngest."

I scoff "The most impressionable so you can mold his mind to believe whatever stupid lie you make up, right!?! when you decide to leave the rest of us!" he says "Maddison, that's not.."

I cut him off and said "No, leave. it ain't gonna be like I'm five years old, sitting up every night asking when's daddy coming home. I don't need you! None of us do! so pack your stuff and get out!" I walk out too angry to continue being in the same room as him.

~

After school, I sit with the group at the juicenet Cafe. Lewis explains how Cleo used her new powers and went too far.

he asks "So, has anyone else had their powers go a bit too far?" Emma asks "Like what?" he asks "have you done anything really extreme lately?"

Emma says "No." Rikki asks "I don't see what all the drama's about. so what if we've got some new powers?"

Lewis explains "Your powers have increased off the scale. especially Madi's. that last full moon had some very rare planetary alignments."

Rikki says "again with the planetary alignments?" he says "it has to mean something. and until I figure out what, you need to learn some control. you don't know what your capable of."

Rikki says "that's what's so cool." Emma says "Lewis has a point. We need to be careful." Roman says "he's only trying to help you, Rikki." she rolls her eyes and Lewis continues on,

"That's why I need to measure the range of your new powers." Cleo says "here we go again." Lewis says to her "I'll help you through this, Cleo. don't worry."

Cleo says "I'm not worried." he says being overbearing "every step of the way, I'll be there." Cleo says annoyed "Great. I'm gonna get a juice." she gets up to get one.

Lewis joins her and Emma asks "you alright, Madi?" I scoff and shake my head and say to her "No, I'm not okay. but that's fine, I think I'm gonna take a walk or something."