Catch Of The Day

Emma, Ricki, and I headed out swimming early in the morning

Emma, Ricki, and I headed out swimming early in the morning. and I have to say it was the best feeling ever.

they had competitions which I think are ridiculous. but I just swam with dolphins and turtles. and enjoyed the scenery under the water. and cleared my head of the day before.

~

after our swim, we met up with lewis at the juicenet. Cleo is also supposed to meet us here. Emma tells lewis "you won't believe it we timed ourselves and guess how long we can hold our breath for?"

he says "Ummm." Emma says "15 minutes." then she and Ricki high-five. I roll my eyes and say "I was just swimming with the dolphins and turtles and they are absolutely beautiful this year."

lewis says "that's impressive." Ricki says "yep, it's pretty cool." Emma says "we could probably stay down for longer if we really tried."

Ricki says "your on." Emma says "you think you can beat me?" I shake my head at them. Ricki says "I know I can. bring it on."

lewis says "you guys must be jumping out of your skin about this stuff." Emma says "yeah. well, three of us are."

I say "it is pretty cool. I just wished Cleo would join so that while they're competing I'm not alone admiring the water. I know she would love it."

lewis sees Cleo approach and says "hey, Cleo, guess what? these guys can hold their breath for 15 minutes!"

Emma, Ricki, and I say "lewis!" he meekly says "sorry." Cleo asks "what's going on?" Emma says "we've been you know, swimming."

Ricki says "it's the best thing. the reef is out of this world." Cleo says "that's great. so has anyone been able to finish that calculus homework? question seven's a nightmare."

I say "yeah, do you need the answer?" she says "no I got it but it took forever." Emma says "we missed you this morning. why weren't you answering your phone?"

Cleo changes the subject again saying "and that project on geography, that's due Thursday. we really need to get together on that one."

Ricki says "listen, Cleo, whatever's happened to us is incredible. you've got to come out with us. the water is amazing."

Cleo says "I'm not doing it, ok? I didn't ask for any of this to happen to us. so stop bugging me about it, ok?" then she grabs her stuff and leaves.

I say "she's right guys. she'll come when she's ready. leave her alone about it." then I run after Cleo.

I get to her and say "hey! wait! I'm sorry about that. you'll come when your ready or you won't that's up to you."

she smiles gratefully and says "thanks, Madi." I say "but when I went swimming with them this morning I took an underwater camera and got amazing photos of the dolphins and turtles. do you want to see them?"