The Big Chill

A/N: Oh my god! We just hit a thousand reads. Thank you so much to everyone supporting my story by commenting and voting. I appreciate you all. If you ever have any questions, comments, or anything you think I should add to the story please message or comment I'm always willing to take feedback. Anyway thank you again! And enjoy.

Rikki, Cleo, and I are hanging out at Cleo's

Rikki, Cleo, and I are hanging out at Cleo's. Rikki complains "I'm so over being broke. the worst part is I can't even afford these tickets to the Feral Robots Concert." Cleo says "well, why don't you get a part-time job like Emma?" Rikki says "oh, jobs have this hidden downside. they involve work." Emma walks in and says "hey, guys. you are looking at the brand new manager of the juicenet café for the whole weekend." I say "sweet, does that mean free drinks?" Emma gives me a look and says "no." I laugh and roll my eyes. Cleo says "perfect timing. Rikki was just saying she needed money to go to the Feral Robots Concert." Emma asks "you actually like that band?" Cleo continues "so anyway, I was thinking, now you're the manager, you could give Rikki a job at the juicenet café." Emma says "um. I don't really think Wilfred would want me to. no offense, Rikki." Rikki says "no that's fine. I'm not much of a smoothie person anyway." Rikki walks away. I say "I actually have to go. Wilfred has an interview with me before he leaves for some convention." and I walk out to go meet Wilfred.

~

I sit in the café having my interview with Wilfred. he asks "so, do you have any ideas to drum up more business?" I say "well, actually yeah. I was thinking on the weekends you could have like music on the stage. like live music." he says "well, that costs money." I say "well, I was kind of hoping you'd let me sing, on the weekends? I want to start getting my voice and music out there." he asks "I wouldn't pay you extra?" I say "nope, minimum wage. and during the week I could work as a waitress." he says "I love it. you're hired. I will let Emma know. be prepared to sing this weekend." I say "I am. Thank you so much, Wilfred. you won't regret this." he says "I know." I walk out super excited.

~

I walk into the café at 7:25 am. Emma says "at least one of you is on time." I say "of course. I'm super excited. I start singing today." she says "yep, at exactly noon." I nod and say let's start setting up." we start to set up. Rikki comes in at 7:31 am. Rikki says "hi, boss. coworker." Emma says "you're 6 minutes and 10 seconds late. at least Madison was on time." Rikki asks "should I go stand in the naughty corner now, or," Emma says "let's get to work." we start to set up and let vendors in to give us our deliveries. Rikki messes up at every turn. Emma takes charge trying to fix or tell her to get to work. finally, the café opens. I start to help people get their drinks and clean along the way. Rikki messes up and Emma says "Madi, can you take over?" I nod and say "I got it, Em." I walk up to tiffany and say "sorry about that. what can I get for you?" she asks "well, what do you recommend?" I say "depends are you looking for something fruity, or healthy, or just something to tide you over for now?" she says "fruity." I say "I would go with the strawberry smoothie." she says "I'll take that." I say "coming right up." and I walk away to make her order.