Because Of You (KR Build: Sento/Kyuranger: Hammie)

Because of you, my world feels different to me... — You Are, GOT7

xxxxxx

Normally, there was no reason for Sento to feel attached to anyone as exuberant as this young woman in front of him. He was a scientist, after all. A brilliant one, at that. He would usually have no time dealing with something so trivial as entertaining a young woman in high spirits and currently enjoying her well-earned vacation.

For him, that was the normal life he knew and was aware of. But things could change in an instant. In a heartbeat. In a blink of an eye. At least, that was what he realized when he once saved her from near death because of an unidentified monster attack.

Sento had no idea about the circumstances leading to that attack. But even with the chaos and also the headache that the case had brought to him, he couldn't deny the fact that he was glad about one thing.

"Sento-kun!"

That call brought him back to reality. Before he knew it, he saw Hammie approaching him with a smile while carrying a stick with cotton candy on it.

Come on, why was she acting like a kid at the moment?

"It looks like you enjoy eating that, huh?" Sento commented with a small smile.

"I can't help it. We don't have this back in our home world, after all."

Her home world, huh?

It wasn't like he didn't believe her when she first told him about it. He had long considered the possibility, after all. It was just that... he still couldn't believe that he would actually get to meet someone from another world outside of his own.

But that shouldn't be what he was worrying about at the moment.

"Are you sure you're okay, Hammie?" he asked before he would end up forgetting that again.

Of course, he should've expected that his question would be met with a frown. "What do you mean?"

"You still have to recover from that nasty attack, right? Are you sure you should be moving around like that now?"

Despite the obvious worries that he had for this young woman — which was quite unusual, by the way, if he said so himself, Hammie just smiled at him and nodded.

"You don't have to worry so much about me, Sento-kun. I was able to move this much and recover fast thanks to you. And I owe you that."

"That monster would still try to attack you and the other members, right?"

Hammie nodded and soon, her expression changed to that of a somber one. "We were expecting that, since the monster specifically targeted Super Sentai members. A lot of us had gone down because of that unexpected attack. Thankfully, none of them were killed. Right now, we just have to focus on recovering and making sure that we don't have to make the same mistake the second time," she explained.

After that, she took a deep breath and faced Sento. Without a doubt, that action inadvertently surprised him. But he still managed to keep his composure.

"Besides... You and Banjou-san's arrival at that time seemed to be the deviation from their original plan. So I guess we can use that to our advantage the next time they try to attack us and take us down," she continued and smiled.

To be honest, he didn't know what to say. It was a good thing that Banjou wasn't with him at the time or else, that guy would tease him to no end for all the reactions and expressions he had. That guy had something else to do, and he didn't mind if he did leave him for a while. He could use the opportunity to think things through.

But Hammie was right. The arrival of two Kamen Riders that day turned out to be something unexpected to the enemies. Several veteran Super Sentai members thanked him for that and for saving the other members.

In his case, he was the one who saved Hammie and Spada of the Kyurangers. While Banjou was able to protect and save Asuna and Melto of the Ryusoulgers. He had a lot of questions about the existence of the Super Sentai as he only knew about the Old World in which Japan was split into three because of the Sky Wall.

Now that the New World had changed a lot of the things he knew, he might as well do his best to expand his understanding that things around him at the moment were different already.

This time, Sento smiled at her answer. Amusement parks might not be his cup of tea. But to see this young woman beside him so happy and relaxed, perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea to bring her there, after all.

"I'm not sure if I'd be much of a help to you and your friends. But I'll do my best," Sento said later on.

But Hammie soon faced him with a frown. "Come on. Why are you being meek right now? That's not you. Alright, where's that confident Kiryu Sento that I met when I woke up, huh?"

He just laughed at her words and ruffled her hair. It was a gesture that he wasn't used to doing even to Misora. But he found himself doing such a thing to Hammie. Seriously, what in the world was going on with him ever since he saved this young woman?

"Hey! Should you really be doing that?" she complained and pouted.

Sento smiled and put his hand down. "Do you have any other places to go to after this?"

Hammie soon went quiet and thought about it. It didn't take long for her to smile again and face the scientist. "Let's head by the hills where you first take me. I want to see the view again."

Regardless of whether or not he was surprised or not at her request, he didn't show it to his face. Instead, he nodded and without thinking, soon took her hand as they continued spending their time there. Hammie couldn't be more happier at the gesture.

Even if everything was unexpected, it was something worth treasuring at some point of their lives.

xxxxxx

Here's a new one-shot featuring a prompt from an old edit. I mean, it's about time I take the edits out of the archive and post them on Instagram once again for many people to see. Also, I have to make sure that my writer's brain won't stay stagnant. At least, I know I have to do something like that to keep the creativity flowing.

I try, okay?

This plot once again connects to the monster attack featured in some one-shots I wrote featuring Super Sentai members. Most notably, the Souji/Fuuka crossover pair, the Agri/Kasumi crossover pair, and the Satoru/Sakura pair. I still have to check if there were other pairs that I wrote that followed this plot. Maybe I should create a separate fanfic expanding and focusing on that plot alone. I still have to see. Come to think of it, this was the first time I actually featured a Sentai/Rider pairing in that plotline, huh?

In any case, thank you so much for reading until here. I truly appreciate it. Comment down below if you have something to say about this one-shot. Thank you once again and I'll see you in the next one-shot. :)