Even If It's Hard (Zyuohger: Yamato/KR Ghost: Kanon)

This time, let me try my best, even if how hard it is tomorrow I have to face... -- From the Thai song "Try", by O-Pavee

xxxxxx

"Oi, you're not thinking of throwing yourself there now, are you?"

Though shocked at the sudden voice that interrupted the flow of her thoughts, Kanon turned at the source of it. She couldn't help showing a small smile at the sight of a grinning Yamato now approaching her.

"Yamato-kun..."

"You're staying here in this bridge again. Are you sure you're okay?"

The smile on Kanon's face soon disappeared and looked out to the horizon that the bridge overlooked. "I can't help thinking a lot of things again, that's all. And I'm also worried about Onii-chan. He hadn't appeared again since the last time I saw him when he helped me and my sisters."

Yamato didn't say anything after that. He had been made aware of Kanon's predicament before that made her decide to take matters onto her own hands. He wanted to help her at the time, but he had his hands full in taking care of his friends' respective affairs and he simply couldn't leave them like that.

"Do you think there's anything for you to worry about your brother?" he said after a short while of contemplating. "From what you told me, your brother is strong and would never let himself be defeated like that. I guess what you can do for him right now is to support him with all you got and have faith in his abilities. That he can get through whatever ordeal he's facing at the moment."

Kanon went quiet after that. Not that she was talking a while back, anyway. But she was able to absorb Yamato's words and what he truly intend to say to her. Soon after that, she nodded and was finally able to show him a smile.

"You really know how to comfort me, you know that?"

Of course, with that sudden statement, Yamato couldn't help blushing. "W-what are you saying, all of a sudden?"

His actions had only made her smile widen. "I'm just telling the truth. There's nothing wrong with that, right?"

"Even so, don't burst things out like that all of a sudden." You're really making me nervous, you know. Then again, it wasn't like Yamato could actually say those remaining words to her so casually. It might scare Kanon and he doesn't want that to happen. "You just have to do your best to have faith in him and I'm sure, he'll show up to you in no time with a smile."

It wasn't long before Kanon nodded. "You're right. Onii-chan will be alright. That means I have to do my best, then. So that he won't have to worry so much about me." She soon faced Yamato, now with that renewed determination and light in her eyes. "Thank you, Yamato-kun."

Yamato smiled before he could even stop himself. He had to do his best, too, if that was the case. At least, he intended to do so for this young woman's sake. That way, he would be able to be of help to Kanon once she needed it. Then again, whether or not she would actually need help, he would still come to her aid no matter what.

xxxxxx

It's short -- again. Honestly speaking, I haven't fully watched KR Ghost yet. So the basis that I have for Kanon's character was from the crossover I watched between Specter X Blades and also a few clips I saw on Youtube. So it might be a little bit OOC. Anyway, here's my starting update and one-shot post for the year 2022. Shall we count on how many one-shots will I post this year?

In any case, thank you for reading! I appreciate it.