Before I See You Again (Kyuranger: Stinger/KR Zi-O: Tsukuyomi)

If I lose anymore than this, will my heart be forgiven? How much pain before I see you again? ~One More Time, One More Chance; Yamazaki Masayoshi

xxxxxx

Bodies were scattered everywhere. Blood were spilled everywhere he looked. He was breathing hard, trying his best to recover his lost strength and energy after dealing with so many enemies that tried to take over the land.

For the tribe of scorpion men where Stinger belonged, this was a usual scenario to them. It was their tribe's duty to guard over the northern border of the kingdom and to protect the citizens and even some aristocrats living near there. With that thought, he stood up once more using his spear as a crutch -- and tried his best to survey his surroundings to check for any possible surviving enemies. He would never let anyone get pass through him -- now that he finally figured out the reason why they attacked.

"Over my dead body... I'm not going to let you get through beyond this. I'm not letting you take away Princess Alpina..." Stinger muttered in gritted teeth as his grip on his spear tightened.

Though he was referring to her in her noble name, his heart would still refer to her by the name he initially called her when they first met. Tsukuyomi -- the moon goddess. Well, she did glow like the moon when they met for the first time. At least, in his perception, she did look like a goddess. And that princess had always been the most important person in his life regardless of their social status.

The wounds he sustained stung, but he knew he could get through this. He had to. He made a promise, after all...

"Why must you decide to fight? You have your own life. There's no reason for you to risk it for my sake."

Stinger sighed once more. Why must he had to go through another scolding from her again? "Tsukuyomi..."

"You don't have to do this, Stinger. You didn't make a pledge to my family to become my knight. You are here because you're my friend. Why can't things stay that way?" Tsukuyomi ranted and sat beside him after taking a deep breath.

"I was already a warrior long before you became my friend. You should know that. And right now, I'm the only one who knows of their plans to capture you and use your time-related powers for something sinister, surely. Right now, I have to do my best not to let that happen, because that's how important you are to me..."

Tsukuyomi had always been the most important part of Stinger's life since they met. And he would make sure to return safe to her once this was over. Though she didn't know, he made a promise. He would come back. He would tell her the truth.

No matter what, he couldn't afford to lose because he was sure Tsukuyomi would never forgive him if it happened.

With his resolve renewed, Stinger stood up determined and faced the enemies charging towards him.

xxxxxx

Once again, a sigh escaped Tsukuyomi's lips as another day without news from the battle at the northern border. Normally, a princess like her wouldn't put her mind too much to it. But this was a different case. A special someone in her life was fighting there -- fighting to protect her from the enemies that would like to take her and use her powers. Her brother had the same power and she knew he could also be a potential target for this kidnapping and take-over attempt. But her brother was combative and therefore, a warrior material. While she wasn't.

Then again, she still couldn't understand Stinger's decision to fight in order to protect her. He didn't have to. But he was determined. And she knew fully well that nothing could stop Stinger when he was determined and set his sight on his aim. At this point, his aim was to protect her and make sure she was safe.

Tsukuyomi let out one more sigh as she looked up to the cloudless night sky. From there, things might have looked peaceful. But she knew all too well that it would only be peaceful for her when she would see Stinger alive and would return to her side. It was painful for her to wonder in the dark like this with regards to the result of that hideous battle. But at the moment, there was only one thing she could do -- for her sake, most of all.

"I'll wait. Like you said, I'll have faith. I'll have faith in you and your words. So please..." She clasped her hands and closed her eyes, letting her heart speak this time. Don't let me down and come back to me. Let me see you again...

For the sake of the truth that they both wanted to reveal to each other, no matter the pain they had to endure, they would remain having faith in each other's promise. That faith would keep both of them strong until that fated day.

xxxxxx

I know I haven't posted anything here in a long while. A lot of things happened. I was actually in the middle of story building for a planned manuscript when I thought about writing this. Of course, as you've read, it turned a bit AU-ish. But I guess I intended it that way since I'm still a little unfamiliar with the storyline of Zi-O. I just recalled the fact that Tsukuyomi was from a noble family (in other wiki sites, it was stated that she's a princess) and in relation to that story building I've been doing, this plot came out. It's short, but I'm still glad that I got to put this out here.

Tell me what you think about it.