Your Smile While Waiting (KR Zero-One: Aruto/Kiramager: Sena)

Seeing your smile while waiting for me makes this day all worth it... ~ Florence Joyce

xxxxxx

It was a normal day in one of his days off at work as the president of Hiden Intelligence.  There hadn't been any disturbances lately, so he decided to give himself time to rest and enjoy some time off from his responsibilities.

And one of those things he'd like to do during those times? Visiting the amusement park. Well, there was a reason for that. A reason that he only mentioned to Izu recently. Even so, he was just glad that she allowed him to go there by himself as he didn't like any disturbances or people watching his every move.

At the moment, he just wanted to do one thing.

Aruto halted to a stop upon spotting a certain someone near one of the mini stages around the area. That person was apparently watching a comedic duo performing up there and it looked like she was having fun.

Yes, a "she". That person he was looking at was a young woman. And at the sight of her, he couldn't help smiling ever so gently. He still couldn't believe that he'd actually find himself doing something like this -- smiling because of a girl's presence. And not the cordial or friendly type of smile he's usually show to others. It was a smile that showed an unbridled affection towards a young woman that he never thought he'd meet in this life. Especially in his situation at the moment where he had to fight for peace.

Aruto then saw the woman turned around as she finished laughing and clapping at the final presentation of the comedic duo for that day. There were recognition in her eyes as soon as her sight landed on him -- to where he stood. Next thing he knew, he smiled and waved at her as she immediately approached him.

"Aruto! You're early today," she said.

"Well, I don't want to be late for our day today, right? You, too. I thought you'd still be training at this hour."

"Can't I have some break once in a while? And you could say that I miss going here."

The young president chose not to say anything about that. Instead, he laid out his hand to Sena who stared at it for a short while as it appeared that his actions startled her. Not long after, she took his hand and held it tight. And whether they'd admit it to each other or not, that action gave them a lot to ponder about once they go back home and to their respective duties.

At the moment, they chose to let this day play out as they would want it to.

"So where shall we head out today, Mr. Comedian-Turned-President?"

He clearly knew it was a joke, and yet the way Sena said it triggered a nostalgic feeling in him. Specifically, a feeling that she unknowingly ignited the day he first met her.

"Do you have anything in mind?" he asked back instead.

Sena went quiet for a while, appeared to have been thinking. Moments later, she smiled as she faced him. "Let's go there for a while. To the stage where I met you."

And who was he to refuse her request? Right?

xxxxxx

I know, I haven't been able to post anything in this story or in this account in a long while. A lot had happened, that's why. And that includes the device that I've been using to update as consistent as I could. Anyway, here's something short as a compensation.