Shouldnt I? (klaus love story)

A mysterious new man rolled into town , and because he's new and mysterious the whole town is of course talking about him. Hannah tended to stay out of the town gossip, it never ended well for anyone. She knew little about anyone in town nor did she want to know unless they told her them self, gossip is just a medium for trouble at least that was what her mum used to tell her. she missed her. Any way her aunt came to the cottage in hysterics the day he brought the old mansion up the road, "i cant believe how handsome he was, honestly, and a complete mystery no one even knows his name i have to call Rose" she said to uncle jack; who wasn't listening in the slightest, before heading out of the small cottage front room and into the again small kitchen where the phone was.

Aunt Elena was the biggest gossip addicted and all over social thriving life form Hannah had ever scene, if there was scandal in the small village of Alderberry England, then she would know it. "Hannah dear, he's such a catch you have to meet him" she said excitedly. Hannah looked up from her book to her Aunt who was tapping away at numbers on the phone, "I think i'm fine Aunt honestly" she says, she hated it when her aunt tried to arrange dates or set her up with boys. "tough, there's a party at lord Andrews tomorrow night in his house near the town Squar and lady Andrews assured me herself she was going over to invite him tonight, he'll be there i can feel it!" she insisted. Hannah closed her book to say something but it was too late and rose had picked up and her aunt was now occupied on the phone, she sighed and stood up and walked into the front room where her uncle jack was still reading the Daily Alderberry, she never read it herself but it was a wonder that they had anything interesting to print, there's not much news in such a small village as this.

"uncle jack will you tell aunt i'm going in to town, i have a few errens to run" she said, in responce he didnt turn his attention away from the paper; he just nodded and grunted a 'yes', which was normal for uncle jack. she picked up her long sholder bag of the desk and her keys of the hook before starting her walked to town.

*****

The only cafe in Alderberry village was in the main square, but then again most things were in the main square because it was big enough to have side streets other then the few that contain houses; Hannahs aunt and uncles cottage was a five minute walk, it stood by itself but was hardly in complete isolation with a old mansion up the road that hadn't been lived in for as long as Hannah could remember. Luca's cafe was always busy, its customers were solely the young people of the village as the older generations didn't really have a taste for anything brought to English shores after1810. "hey Hannah usual?" Collin asked her; Collin worked in the cafe all day pretty much every day and knew every resident in the village, he knew how they had there tea/coffee even if they didn't go to the cafe; he said it was a gift, he just knew. he was allso Hannahs best Friend. 

"yeah" hannah took a seat near the counter. "so have you heared about the guy who brought Old Conder mansion?" he asked whislst making her cappicino. "you know i dont like to listen or partake in gossip" she said pulling out her note pad with her list of things to do. "hey i cant help it, comes with the job" he placed the cup infront of her, "long list" he said looking at it. "yeah" she said adding something that had just come into her head; Pick up Uncle jacks birthday present "jacks birthday isnt till september" he said. "doesnt hurt to be organised" she countered. "you're to organised!" he added but not looking at her, her was looking at the door, she heared it open and close, "he's a double expresso type guy..." he said trying to make it look like he wasnt talking. "who-" she said before he moved away slightly.

"double Espresso please mate" an unfamiliar voice said he sat down a few chairs away, unfamiliar was a very rare thing in the village; she knew every ones voice, this must be him. "coming up!" Collin got to work. Hannah kept jotting things down on her note pad not paying attention to him. after a few seconds it started to feel awkward, she could feel his eyes on her, see his reflection in a shiny surface confirmed it; he was staring. "can i help you?" she asked. "no love, i'm just getting a coffee" he said with a cocky smirk on his face, "i'm Niklaus" he said before adding "most people call me klaus". she saw what her aunt meant, he was handsome; he had short blond curly hair and blue eyes, "i'm Not interested!" she said standing up and headed towards the door, knowing that any one with a smirk like his is not worth her time. "But i believe most people call you Hannah" he called after her.

She turned back to face him "how do you know my name?" she asked. "its a small village, plus Lady Andrews was kind anough to come round for tea and to invite me to a village party, you're name may have come up once or twice. only singlton in the village huh?" he said, hannah blushed abit before she realised she didnt really care. "well relationships.... what can i say.... not worth it" she says and leaves.

*****

The next day Hannah stood in front of her mirror in her tiny converted cottage loft. She was in a party dress that she loved, a flowy blue one that fell to her knees, and a pare of heel that she hated; high. "You look stunning Hannah" Aunt Elena said clapping her hands excitedly, she was wearing a classy purple dress that made her look sophisticated and suited her age well. "thanks Aunt" Hannah said, she had been protesting about this party all day until her Aunt pulled the 'emotionally scared card', she swears when Hannah worries her like this; by not going to a party, its has a terrible effect on her nerves. Hannah laughed at the thought, she was like Mrs Bennett from pride and prejudice, in fact she had heard her mum call her that many times growing up.

they walked to the lords town house that was bigger then three of uncle jacks cottages put together. They walked most places, it wasn't far to anywhere and uncle jack couldn't see the point in waisting petrol for a five minute walk. Hannah hadnt been in a car in over a year. There were all ready people inside, some cars parked out side on the street and Hannah could hear the music and chat all ready. These party were all ways the same, until about 12:00pm they played older boring music, like they were seriously in a Jane Austin novel it was a town tradition, then past that the older people go home and the younger fun music comes on. In the local school as a part of the local history curricular they teach all the children how to dance to the music at party's, plus there's a dance class held for younger children and teens at the town hall every Friday after noon that Hannah and every other child in the village was forced to attend. To Hannah this hole affair was drag and held absolutely no interest to her.

inside Uncle Jack went straight over to lord Andrews who was puring out scotch, and Aunt Elena dragged Hannah over to Lady Andrews, "ohh Hannah darling you do look beautiful!" she greeted her. "thank you" Hannah said politly. "look who has returned to us" she gestured to the girl in her early twenties, Amelia Andrews was lady and lord Andrews only child and as Hannah knew from experience she was a complete bitch. she left Alderberry over two years ago to go and lived in London with her fiancee, guessing from the fact that she was back here Hannah inferred they didn't work out. "nice to see you again Amelia" Hannah says giving a her a friendly hug. "you too, its been two long. I'm sorry about your parents" she added Hannah nodded by way of a reply.

The three of them and Hannah stood in friendly conversation until Lady Andrews burst out "ohhh Klaus i'm so glad you could make it, i have so many people i'd like to introduce to you" she greeted him the minute he entered the door in his formal and flattering suit with bow tie, like what the rest of the men were wearing only his looked good Hannah thought. She hadnt told her Aunt she had met him in the cafe yesterday and she didn't intend to either she would go mad if she found out like this. "this is my daughter Amelia and this is Elena Garret and her niece Hannah" she introduced us all, Klaus was about to open his mouth to say something after she introduced me but i beat him to it. "its nice to meet you!" i say making it obvious, he smiled and shook my hand. "Lady Andrews may i have your daughter for the first dance" he said dismissing me with a smirk, and turned his attention to the perfect female specimen in the room that was Amelia Andrews. "of course, its tradition to dance here in a certain way, it hasn't changed since the Georgian times, do you think you'll be able to keep up" she asked, he replied by leading her on to the dance floor and the men and women separated into two lines to start the dance. (Video of smilier kind of dance)---->

I wasn't embarrassed or annoyed that he brushed me off after all i'm officially not the only single girl in the village now and there's a much prettier option to take. This really didn't bother me in the slightest. I watched them dance, he danced it like he had done it a thousand times not like this was his first time. "he doesn't seem like the type of man to settle down in such a small place like this, he told me he lived in Paris before this and London before that and even new york for a while" i heard Aunt and Lady Andrews conversation next to me, they were right; what person in there right mind would settle down here?