𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | engagement

Start from the beginning

"You could say that.. I usually have Alya to prepare me for these sorts of events, since she always wants to play dress up, even though she denies it." Marinette giggles, but then realizes she's said too much and stops, "But uh, anyway, I apologize for my tardiness."

"It's okay, Marinette. You can't help being yourself." Kagami says, flashing another smile.

"Thanks, Kagami. I'm trying to work on it, though." Marinette mentioned.

"Well, if that will be all, we have to go talk to my mother now. Enjoy the party," Felix said, and he and Kagami left. As soon as they did, Marinette turned to Adrien.

"So, what'd he say about your outfit?" She asked, raising an eyebrow smugly.

"Nothing, actually, but I know exactly what he was thinking," Adrien said, facing Marinette. "He's still as rude as ever, but he actually wasn't too bad the last time I talked to him. I know he's trying, but.." He trailed off.

"I know what you mean," Marinette responded, who didn't think this conversation would get that deep. "But, hey, don't worry too much about it."

"I'll try not to," Adrien says, smirking, and just as he does, a waiter comes by and offers them some champagne. Adrien takes two glasses and hands one to Marinette.

Marinette thanks Adrien and takes a sip, "So, you think you'll be asked to be the groom's best man?" Marinette reaches up to rustle Adrien's hair, but he catches her wrist and stops her.

"Hey, Mari, I don't think the happy couple will enjoy my hair being a mess, with how much my attire is lacking already," He says, chuckling, "But your hair on the other hand.." Adrien lowers his hand and lightly rustles Marinette's hair, but not too much that it gets all ruined.

Marinette stares back up at Adrien in disgust, "Adrien, what did I say about rustling my hair?"

"Honestly, not much. I said I would stop until we were out of the cafe, and here we are; Not in that cafe," He grinned widely.

"That's.. not wrong." Marinette hesitantly admitted.

"I know," Adrien put his arm around Marinette, "But to answer your question, I will only be Felix's best man if you are the maid of honor. Deal?"

"Deal."

Once they struck their deal, the music that filled the room suddenly switched to a slow song. Couples around them started piling onto the dance floor, enjoying their time together.

"Come on, let's go dance." Adrien said, taking Marinette's hand and dragging her to the middle of the room.

"What? Adrien—" Marinette protested, but never snatched her hand away.

"It'll be fun," Adrien added, smirking. He pulled Marinette in, putting his hands on her face. She obliged reluctantly, putting her arms around his neck, "Also, have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?"

Marinette's face turned red, "No.. but thank you." She giggled, trying to break the ice after that compliment, "This reminds me of when we had to dance at Chloe's party all those years ago," She tried to speak quietly, to be mindful of all the other couples around them dancing.

"Yeah.." Adrien agreed, "I liked that."

Marinette blushed even more at Adrien's comment, never thinking that he would have liked to dance with her.

"Um.. speaking of Chloe, what's been going on with her these days?" Marinette asks, trying to break some tension.

"She's uh, been good. She's working on herself now and trying to be a better person day by day in Germany." Adrien states, looking into Marinette's eyes.