Chapter 8

Naruto's POV

Naruto's POV

Everything around me is a blur, and I can feel a wave of dizziness sweeping over me. A blurry palm appears in front of my face, and a voice cuts through the fog of confusion.

"Ruto...are you fine?" It's familiar yet distorted.

I squinted, trying to make sense of the figure before me.

"Oi, Naruto? Are you awake now?" This time, the voice is more recognizable as it pierces through the haze.

"Hm." My own voice surprises me; it sounds rougher than I anticipated. The memory of breaking through those supposedly unbreakable chains to save Sasuke flashes through my mind. Did I become stronger, or were the chains never as unyielding as they seemed?

"Then I suppose you will be going now." Sasuke's voice echoes around me. He's turned away, deliberately avoiding eye contact. Maybe he doesn't want me to see his emotions, to hide his vulnerability.

"Why did you expect that? Didn't I say I would be coming with you?"

"Don't play with me... you can get out now... How can anybody expect you to be willing to meet your doom if you can be free?" Sasuke's tone is a little harsh and frustrated.

"I promised you that I would come with you, believe it."

Sasuke's eyes widen in surprise; exhaustion is tinting his face with a pale pink blush. Sakura's unexpected attacks must have taken him off guard. I never thought she could give us such a fight...I'm not sure what will happen there...but I've signed up for anything...I can't be backing out now...

But I'll find a way to make him understand...to help him know about the consequences of his actions...to stop the darkness from engulfing him completely...Doesn't matter how hard would it be, I would save him, Dattebayo.

Sasuke's POV

"He's coming with me!"

I couldn't believe the words Naruto just spat out. Doubt about my choices gnawed at me, but that knucklehead didn't seem to care. He was always like that—acting first, thinking later. I smirked a bit. Maybe together, we could crush the Akatsuki once I got what I needed from them. But Naruto wouldn't turn against his village. And who knows what they will do to him? Would I even be able to get their help before it's too late for Naruto? I'll think about whether it is practical later.

I scooped up Naruto, bridal style, and leaped from tree to tree. Dawn was approaching...we needed to get back to the hideout.

"Don't mess this up," I mumbled, mainly to myself.

"Trust me, teme, I'm not as stupid as I used to be ", Naruto replied, grinning like an idiot...I rolled my eyes...

"Just to let you know, you are HEAVY."

"Who asked you to carry me? I can walk myself, ya know."

I guess it doesn't matter either, he can get away at any time. I undo the jutsu, and we run like old times...