Chapter 1

Sasuke's POV

Sasuke's POV

I could feel the surge of power building within me as I charged my final technique, the legendary Kirin. The sky crackled with energy, and a colossal creature made of lightning materialized before my eyes, fueled by the intense heat dumped into the upper atmosphere from the Great Dragon Fire Technique. My chakra transformed, shifting from mere fire energy into a ferocious bolt of lightning, taking on the same form as the earlier Great Dragon Fire Technique, but now imbued with the raw power of lightning. With unwavering determination, I unleashed the attack, striking Itachi, who appeared to be lifeless on the ground.

To my astonishment, Itachi was somehow still alive, holding on to his last bit of strength.

"Damn it," I muttered, frustration boiling within me.

Itachi revealed a third Mangekyō technique: Susanoo. He summoned the legendary Sword of Totsuka, and at that moment, giant snakes emerged from within my own body. Panic swept over me, and I struggled to regain control, but it seemed like Itachi would emerge victorious once again. One of the snakes even revealed Orochimaru, who had been residing inside me since his failed attempt at taking over my body.

Exhausted from the fierce battle with Itachi, I could no longer suppress Orochimaru's influence. The snakes were swiftly destroyed, and the Sword of Totsuka with Itachi sealed Orochimaru in an eternal dream state before absorbing him into the Sake jar that sheathed the mystical blade.

"Is that all you've got, ototo?" Itachi taunted, turning his attention back to me.

Refusing to back down, I gathered the last of my strength and launched another attack on Itachi. But it was futile; the Yata Mirror, another powerful aspect of Susanoo, deflected all my efforts, leaving me knocked back and defenseless on the ground. Itachi seemed invincible as he closed in on me, seeking eye contact.

Fear gripped me, and questions flooded my mind. 'Would he kill me just like he did our clan? Why did he commit such an unspeakable act?'

As Itachi reached me, I started to get my chakra ready for a final attack that he will undoubtedly dodge and take my sharingan...

His fingers are near my eyes and ... h-he simply poked my forehead, and with a hint of remorse, as he said, "I'm sorry, Sasuke. There won't be a next time." Memories of Itachi's unfulfilled promises to train with me flashed before my eyes.

And then, in that moment, Itachi died.

'I can't believe it... I-I finally achieved my goal... but why did he kill our clan...and Shisui to start it all'

Driven by curiosity and the need for answers, I reach into Itachi's memories, seeking to understand the fateful day of the Uchiha massacre, to find a reasoning as I don't understand if it was just to measure his powers...

As I delve deeper a drop of water falls on my hand...'A-am I-I crying?'

'In preparation for the coup, the Uchiha started inserting its members within Konoha's command structure to act as spies. Itachi was placed in the ANBU, the direct arm of the Hokage.

However, my brother did not agree with the Uchiha's plans, believing the coup would only escalate into another Shinobi World War. As such, he turned double-agent, providing Konoha with information on the Uchiha's plans. The 3rd Hokage, who did not agree with the treatment of the Uchiha following the Nine-Tailed Fox incident, tried to find a peaceful resolution with the clan. Danzo, however, did not believe negotiations would solve anything and felt eliminating all the Uchiha would cause the least bloodshed.'

'The Uchiha noticed Itachi's strange behavior and tasked with keeping an eye on him. Shisui, a close friend of Itachi, shared his opposition to the coup. When peace talks started to break down, Shisui attempted to use his Mangekyō sharingan's Kotoamatsukami's to force the Uchiha's leaders to change their minds. 

Danzō felt this was a waste of Kotoamatsukami's rare usage, as it could only be used once every ten years, and took Shisui's right eye for himself before Shisui had a chance to use it. Having failed and fearful that Danzō would take his other eye, too, Shisui entrusted his left eye to Itachi before committing suicide.

He Uchiha clan had planned to infiltrate Konoha's command structure as spies in preparation for a coup. However, Itachi disagreed with their approach, fearing that it would lead to another devastating Shinobi World War. He chose to become a double-agent, providing Konoha with vital information about the Uchiha's plans.'

'The Third Hokage, understanding the Uchiha's grievances following the Nine-Tailed Fox incident, attempted to find a peaceful resolution with the clan. But Danzo, always prioritizing the greater good, believed that eradicating the Uchiha would minimize bloodshed.

As Itachi's actions raised suspicions within the clan, his close friend Shisui tried to intervene by using his Mangekyō Sharingan's Kotoamatsukami to influence the Uchiha's leaders. However, Danzo, considering it too valuable to waste, took Shisui's right eye, leading Shisui to entrust his left eye to Itachi before tragically ending his own life.

The Uchiha, unaware of the true circumstances, began to distrust Itachi, suspecting him of Shisui's murder and staging the suicide. Despite his efforts to find a peaceful resolution, Itachi felt he had no choice but to make a difficult decision. Danzo presented two options: either the Uchiha would proceed with their coup, leading to their entire annihilation, including Itachi and me, or Itachi would exterminate the Uchiha himself, sparing my life in exchange.'

'In a selfless act, Itachi chose to protect me, a seemingly worthless rogue shinobi, and endured the life of a traitor to ensure my survival.'

Overwhelmed by the weight of my brother's sacrifices, I couldn't fully comprehend the extent of his struggles. The realization of Itachi's selflessness, his willingness to bear the burden of being labeled a traitor, and the profound love he held for me as his younger brother, brought tears to my eyes. I felt a mixture of gratitude and resentment swirling within me, creating an emotional storm that seemed impossible to weather.

But one thing was clear amidst the turmoil in my heart: I now had a new purpose, a burning desire to take revenge on all of Konoha for what they had done to my clan and to Itachi. The memories of that fateful night haunted my every thought, and the pain of losing my family, my home, and my brother drove me to the brink of madness.

In that moment of darkness, a twisted revelation surfaced in my mind. The Akatsuki, a notorious organization known for their ruthless methods and powerful members, became an attractive option for someone like me, consumed by vengeance. Their goal was to bring chaos and disorder to the world, and I saw it as an opportunity to make those responsible for my clan's downfall pay dearly for their sins.

A chilling laughter echoed in my mind, a manifestation of my newfound resolve. It was a laughter tainted with hatred, vengeance, and madness. The seeds of my twisted ambitions had taken root, forever changing the path of my destiny.

With each step I took, the darkness embraced me, and I embraced it in return. No longer will I call myself a Shinobi, I am the avenger of the Uchiha clan, and the harbinger of destruction. My vengeance would be swift, ruthless, and unforgiving, for in the heart of darkness, I found the strength to face the world with unyielding resolve.

- Mitsubachi - sama