Modern!Jean x Reader: Last Day

A/N: Today, 6/10/15, is officially the start of my summer vacation! So most of my one-shots now will probably be summer related or have something to do with summer. Like heat, water, etc. I said MOST OF THEM. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one-shot.
---
It was lunchtime at school. You just had two more periods left then it was summer vacation! "What are you going to do, Y/N?" Asked your best friend, F/N (friends name). You shrugged, "the usual. Eat, sleep, watch Netflix. Maybe go to the pool a couple of times." Your best friend frowned, "aww c'mon Y/N. I'm going out of state for the summer. There has to be someone you can spend summer with." You sighed, "I don't know." Your friend lifted his/her head. "Maybe you can spend summer with him." You looked up. Jean. Your longtime crush. He was looking at you. His face expression revealed that he was nervous and worried. You felt yourself blush and looked down, "no." F/N looked at you and wiggled their eyebrows, "aww. Maybe he'll ask you out. It'll be the perfect way to end school." You looked at him/her, "yeah it would. But it won't happen." Then the bell rang for lunch to end and to get to the next class. And your next class had Jean.

Your teacher put on a movie for the class to watch. Since it was the last day, your teacher let everyone sit wherever they want and talk about whatever. "So has Jean asked you yet?" Said F/N. You chuckled at the way he/she was acting. "No. I'm telling you he won't." Then you felt someone tap on your shoulder. It was the point of your conversation, Jean. "Um, hey Y/N." F/N gently elbowed you. Under the table, you harshly kicked them, which made F/N frown, a lot. "Uh, hey Jean." You said back. "Mind if I sit here?" You shook your head, "go ahead." He smiled, "thanks." You looked over to F/N, who was rubbing their leg to relieve the pain, but also giving you a thumbs up. Jean looked at you, "Y/N, there's something I've been meaning to ask you earlier during the year. But I was a chicken, I was to afraid to tell you. But I thought that this would hopefully make your summer better." You felt that annoying blush come back. Good thing the lights were off. "Y/N, would you like to go--" then, the most annoying kids in class came over. "Dang, Jean! Get some!" Jean glared, "just leave. I'm not sickos like you guys. I don't date girls for their usage then break their hearts and leave!" Their leader, Brandon (just pretend), smirked, "woah woah. Sorry. I didn't expect you to get mad. The crew and I were just playin'. Damn, don't act like a baby." Jean stood up, "you're the one who needs to grow up." Brandon looked at you. He smiled and leaned in closer. He placed a finger on your cheek and started to rub it. "She's pretty. Is this the girl that you're so-- ow!" Jean punched him. "Stay away from her!" The teacher turned on the lights. "What is going on?" Brandon looked up with a bloody mouth. "He punched me right in the mouth. I wath juth playing around but heths too thenthitive." He lisped. The teacher frowned, "Jean, this is the last day of school. Did you really think this is smart? I won't go to extreme punishments but you will be having Saturday school for two weeks." Jean nodded, "yes, teacher."

5,4,3,2,1... School is over! You grabbed your backpack and your best friend and ran out of the classroom. "Let's go get some ice cream!" You said. F/N laughed, "I knew you were happy about summer!" Then, someone grabbed your backpack. You looked up to reveal Jean. He was red. Not angry red. Blushing red. "Listen, what I was trying to say earlier is that I really like you Y/N. Everybody expects me to be this courages, tough guy I'm not. But today I am. I really like you Y/N. I wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me this summer. And not just this summer, but many summers to come. I hope you say yes, but either way, I'll respect your answer." You felt yourself smiling. You stood on your toes and kissed him, "I say yes. For the many summers to come." Jean hugged you, "thank you. Now, let's all go get that ice cream you were talking about." He grabbed your hand and you two (and third wheelie, F/N) walked of to the ice cream parlor.
-
-
-
I hope you've enjoyed! Have a great summer!☀️✌️