‘You mean the thing with my book? I decided not to, it wasn’t for me.’

She pulled away from him, hoping the conversation was over, and walked out onto the decking, pulling her hair up into a high knot.

‘You chose me over the biggest opportunity of your life.’

She didn’t indulge him with a reply. Sliding off her blue satin robe, she slipped into the pool. It wasn’t quite warm enough with the heat of the sun, but benefitted from a heating system. She felt the water slosh over her shoulders, and she looked up at him, standing on the side of the pool.

‘I did what I had to do. Children’s books were never my thing.’

‘But you did it for years. You worked hard at something. I wish you’d have spoken to me.’ She saw desperation in his eyes. He lowered himself to a crouch, so he could have her undivided attention. ‘I don’t want you regretting this some day. One day you’re gonna get home sick and you’re…’

‘What?’ she interrupted him, and climbed out of the pool beside him, her white lace cut out swim suit, displaying a tan she’d been working on for weeks.

‘Don’t do that. Don’t get out of the pool all Ridgemont High style.’

‘Tell me what you were going to say’ she pressed, sitting down beside him, their toes lapping in the water. ‘Don’t tell me you really believe I could get bored of you.’

‘I didn’t say that, but it could happen, couldn’t it?’

She laughed musically. ‘Luke who knows what will happen? I didn’t know this would happen and yet I’ve embraced it and I love it. I love you, I love living with you. I wanted to be with you, sitting in that meeting you were running through my head and I couldn’t shut it off. I spent practically the whole summer pining for you.’

‘Pining?’ he smiled, curiously. ‘As in longing?’

‘As in wanting and needing and being totally in love with you.’

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 18, 2013 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Wedding Woesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें