Chapter Seven

'What the fuck are you doing in my room!' she shrieked, trying to disentangle her sheets from his.

'I'm not in your room!' he said, pushing her onto her side, 'You're in my room!'

She sat up, rubbing away the sleep from her eyes, and cursing the banging headache that meant one thing. Epic hangover.

'Ahhhh the light!' she moaned and dropped back down to the floor, snatching away his pillow and covering her face with it.

He got up, stretching, and winced at the pain in his shoulders. Closing the curtains fully, the room was dim enough for her to remove the pillow.

'What the hell happened? Don't say I slept with you, please.'

'Hah!' Luke retorted, 'You think I'd sleep with you?! You were blitzed! Annie left with her brother, and they tried to take you with them but you were pissed at the poor guy. So the hotel manager asked me if I'd escort you back to your room, but you couldn't find your god damed key and I didn't wanna parade you through reception in that state to get a replacement.....You took your dress off, you were dancing by the pool in your underwear....'

'Oh my God!' she slapped her hand to her mouth, cheeks burning. 'What happened then?'

'After we got here?'

'Yeah.'

'Well we talked' he said, heading to the mirror and running his hands through his shaggy mane. He didn't meet her eyes.

'About what', suddenly she realised that getting drunk last night was one of the most foolish things she had ever done. What if she had told him about his brother....

'About Mikey' he said, smiling humourlessly. 'You told me all about Mikey. I told you that the keychain was his, and then you spent an hour telling me about how you met, before falling asleep over the toilet. I carried you to the bed, and gave you my shirt.'

She looked down at the hideous shirt, now fastened around her, mind racing. He knew everything.

'I'm gonna have a shower then head into work. I need to speak to some investors this morning.'

'I'll come with you' she said quickly, too quickly.

'What?'

'I said I'll come too. I'm gonna run to Annie's room and get something to wear, and then meet you here in five, okay?'

He looked a little taken aback.

She speedily left the room and headed to the sixteenth floor. Annie answered the door sounding decidedly more perky that she did right now, and looking fresh faced and summery, in a pink floral sundress. She breezed past her, and rifled through her closet looking for something, anything. She found a white broderie anglaise dress and heading to the bathroom, she ran her hair under the taps so she felt a little less icky.