Chapter 20

‘Emily?’ Maryam frowned at her, Caroline and Edward leant forward in their seats, awaiting her response.

‘I’m sorry, what?’

She didn’t know how long she had been daydreaming, but she hadn’t caught a word of what was just said to her.

‘We’ll need you on hand once development is finished, just to do a little media for us. How does this sound?’

‘It sounds….very overwhelming.’ She replied, honestly. Edward raising his eyebrows in a warning. Maryam was a big shot. You didn’t say ‘No’ to bigshots. ‘I mean I love the idea. It’s amazing, and I really think it could work. I’ve seen it in my head a thousand times. I just….’

‘What?’ Edward asked, gesturing with his hands as to his disbelief. ‘Emily offers like this don’t come around every day of the week.’

‘Edward is right Emily. You should jump out of your seat, shake her hand and be grateful! This is just such a wonderful offer. Maryam this is wonderful’, Caroline gushed.

Maryam surprised everyone, by asking Edward the Sleaze and Caroline aka Angela Lansbury to wait outside for a moment.

As the door clicked shut behind them, Maryam held Emily’s gaze, and she suddenly felt her palms become very slick.

‘Emily there’s something on your mind and with those two clowns in here I don’t feel like you can express yourself.’

She sighed with relief, shaking her head. ‘You felt that too? Ugh Edward is…’

‘A pervert?’ Maryam finished, with a grin. ‘Yeah he’s not glanced past my boobs for the entire meeting. I don’t know how you’ve worked with him over the years.’

She smiled, agreeing. Sometimes she didn’t know how she endured their meetings.

‘Now tell me what’s on your mind. This offer will be substantial. We love the idea.’