Juice Ortiz

This was supposed to be a simple girls weekend in Vegas. How did it go so wrong? I think to myself as I lay there awake while the man beside me is still snoring softly with his arm across my stomach. Looking at my hand for what seemed like the hundredth time in the last little bit to see a wedding band on a very important finger. Seeing his arm across me, I look at his hand and see he is wearing one on the same finger. What the fuck did I do? I asked myself.

Feeling him stirring next to me, I look over and he opens his eyes and smiles softly at me. "Morning." he says sleepily. "Morning." I say as he moves his arm and I quickly get out of bed. "What happened last night?" I asked him, holding up my hand. Looking at my hand and then his, he smiles. "Looks like we got married." he says as he gets up from the bed. Looking over at the nightstand, I see a piece of paper. Picking it up I see it is a marriage license. "Ortiz?" I asked, looking at the paper.

"What do you remember from last night?" he asked. "I remember being at the bar with ym girlfriends and you and your friends coming over. I remember them all leaving together and I guess we headed here?" I say more of a question than a statement. "I guess we hit a chapel on the way here." he says looking down at his hand again. Look. We don't know each other and we were both pretty drunk last night. We can get a quicky divorce if you want. You can go back to your life and I...can go back to mine...I guess." I say knowing that he whole reason for this trip was to get my mind off the fact that I really had nothing to go back to.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "You look a little sad." he watches me closely. "Yeah. Just, thinking I guess." I am not going to tell him that when I go back, I will be sleeping on my best friend's couch since my ex threw me out. "You know, I wasn't that drunk. I remember all of it. Look, I have felt alone for a long time. Being with you last night, it felt good. I don't want to let that go without at least giving this a fair shot." he tells me. I look at him shocked. "This was your idea wasn't it?" I asked him, not even really mad. "Yeah. Look, being in the club, people only want to be with me because of the patch. We clicked so well and you didn't even care about my kutte. That is what I need in my life. Someone that looks at me, not my kutte." he explains. "You really want to see if this will work?" I asked, looking down at my hands. "Yes. Are you okay with that?" he asked, taking my face in his hands. Looking in his eyes, I say "Yes. I'm okay with that." Before I can say anything else he says "Let's go home."

"Where exactly is home?" I asked. "He smiles and says "Charming."