Missing Yeosang

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Sirens...

"Hey, kid! Can you hear me?"

People shouting and footsteps approaching...

"This is his ID. Jeong Yunho, age 18. We need the paramedics here, now!"

Yunho softly blinks his eyes at the blinding flashes of red and blue lights and sees a bunch of people overshadowing his body.

There is an immense pain crippling in his drenched head as well as his chest, arms and legs. He tries to pick up some of the leftover memories of his journey before he crashed, but nothing really computed to him except for when he had stopped at a bus stop and the relief he felt when found the item he was searching for.

Suddenly, he could feel himself losing consciousness but the paramedics weren't gonna let that happen so they began saving him as fast as they could.

"Come on, team, we can't lose him."

"Starting CPR."

"Kid, I need you to stay with me, you hear? Stay with us. We're gonna save you, son, you're gonna be alright."

Rummaging across the grass with his good hand, Yunho whines as he searches for the ring and his heart starts racing again at the thought of losing it.

"S-Sang... Yeosang..."

"What was that, boy?"

"M-My ring..."

A man crouching next to him shuffles to where his hands move and helps him look for the ring that has slipped out of his finger after he collapsed. He discovers something shiny that rolled just a few inches from him and picks it up, revealing its silhouette to Yunho's sight.

"Is this yours, boy?"

Yunho nods while reaching out his hand to accept it in his grasp.

"We're gonna have to keep this in a small plastic pouch before we rush you to the hospital. We promise to return it to you soon."

He nods again, too tired to insist that the ring be placed back on his finger where it belongs.

"Alright, let's round him up! Let's go!"

.
.
.

"Ah..."