Dodgeball

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ 

Physical education for first period is possibly the simplest reason Yunho's mood enlightens that day. Rather than stopping by the classroom to grab his textbook, he and his friends swarm to the indoor basketball court and conquer every equipment without their coach's permission. Likewise, a wholesome rumour spreads too quickly that day.

"New kid? Wonder if he's capable of withstanding a quickie early in the morning."

Says he who snatches all lovey-dovey eyes, Jeong Yunho. His best friend, Song Mingi, snorts out a soda he drank through his nostrils. He fans himself from the burning discomfort. "The fuck did you just say?!"

"You know, dodgeball." Yunho frankly says, bouncing a basketball. "Our classmates are like aggressive hyenas when it comes to dodgeball, moreover when P.E as our first session. Where's my favourite female, she got hit by a truck last week?"

"How the hell is dodgeball a quickie..." Mingi whispers to himself at Yunho's innocent misuse of words.

Another friend of theirs, Jung Wooyoung, joins the conversation. "Mia isn't joining." They hear a yell from a distance where a 5ft girl walks towards them with crutches.

"Morning, boys." Mia cooes, swinging her broken leg back and forth. "Can't play today, Yunho. The doctor says it won't recover till the next six weeks. I know you love to pair up with me but pity my welfare too, can't you?"

Mingi rolls his eyes and mumbles to his bestie, "Pair up with a guy, man."

"Opposites only." Yunho replies. "I'd rather sit aside than partnering up with another guy."

A minute later Coach Joon bellows for the students to gather and take attendance. Yunho shoves through the crowd to take a better view, despite his skyscraping height that pisses the kids off. Mingi unwraps a lollipop for him and Yunho pops it in his mouth. His body inclines to lean his weight on one leg, sucking the candy.

"Attendance is taken. Now listen up, you have a new friend who will join your class today." Coach Joon states and steps to the side where the new kid reveals himself.

From those impressive features, Yunho can already tell how famous this newbie will be in just one day. He raises his brows the second he hears the kid's voice.

"Hello everyone, I'm Kang Yeosang. A transfer student from Pohang. Nice to meet you." Following that, the new kid bows.

Pohang-si? North Gyeongsang? How far. Yunho's monologue whispers to himself.