16 Shots

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

One graduation later...

Drunk and dazed, Seonghwa topples over Hongjoong's arms, holding a glass of Soju in one hand. His friends chant for him to chug another shot, to which he immediately pours the drink down his throat and burps. The rowdy crowd cheers around him proudly, creating a mess of alcohol spills drenching their outfits out of drunken blindness.

Yeosang, dressed in his black untucked shirt and jeans as whatever he was fond of after rummaging through his closet, watches his seniors having fun while chilling on the couch. His ears pulsate at the thunderous beats of the music, in addition to blinding light streaks flickering into his eyes. He looks up at the sight of Ryung in her blue bodycon dress, walking towards him holding a glass.

"Sneak a sip." She offers. Yeosang folds up his sleeves and stares at the alcohol reluctantly.

"Not tonight."

"As if I don't know you've never had alcohol before. Give it a try." Ryung giggles and brings the glass closer to Yeosang's lips. "Just one."

"Ryung, I'm perfectly fine."

"It's your first party. Don't let it go to a waste. I lied to your mother just to bring you here." Ryung persuades him over and over. Yeosang hums along with the music, ignoring her. The drunk girl puckers her lips. "You're lame."

"Yeah, I know."

"No, like, you're so lame, so boring, so... Sangie-ish. Yeosang, you should be hyping up your groove and live the time of your life while you have the chance. Yet here you are fearing a tiny cup of-"

Cutting her words, Yeosang snatches the glass of soju on Ryung's hand and swallows the drink so quickly it almost went down the wrong hole. He slams the glass onto a nearby table and frowns at the subtle sweetness and the strong sensation kicking in. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand as Ryung pats him on the shoulder.

"There, that ain't too bad!"

"They taste weird," Yeosang mutters and licks his lips. "But damn addicting."

Ryung reaches for the cup to refill. "You know what, get on the dance floor. Astound them with a rare side of Kang Yeosang."

Rather than having baffled thoughts, Yeosang understands what she meant this time and accepts the cup to drink the liquor again. He grips the glass while enduring the rough flavour swimming into his guts. After taking a couple more shots and merely losing his mind, Yeosang is hauled into the dance floor and lets himself drown in ecstasy.

Meanwhile, parking their motorbikes in front of Seonghwa's gate are the other 99-liners, having no clue about Yeosang's attendance at Seonghwa's party. The plan to not invite him was particularly Yunho's idea, for he doesn't want his crush to end up in a horrid place like this. He is way too sure Yeosang would refuse their invitation if they were to be said.