Chapter 49: Christmas

Start from the beginning

"I can't believe we haven't had the chance to talk all day." I whined pulling Fred onto the bed and burrowing my head in his chest.

"I know, I wanted to spend our anniversary with you, not cleaning the house and preparing for Christmas." Fred replied, wrapping his hand around my waist and pulling me close to him.

"I guess that's what we had to expect when we got together on Christmas Eve." I sighed, "Maybe we should break up and get back together on a random day." I joked.

"Let's not do that, I think having a Christmas Eve anniversary is romantic." Fred added, "And we get some alone time now."

"I think it is too."

Fred and I spent the evening laughing and talking, it was getting late and I was getting tired. I didn't even notice I had fallen asleep.

"Good morning, my love," Fred whispered, I groaned at the noise and I dug my head further into his chest. "It's Christmas!"

"It's Christmas!" I happily said. "Merry Christmas, darling."

"Merry Christmas, my love."

Fred and I changed out of pyjamas and into smart clothes, and we went downstairs where George, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Sirius, Dad, and Mum were all sitting around the table, we sat down next to George and we all chatted whilst Molly went to get Arthur from the hospital.

"There we go!" Molly said, helping Arthur into the chair, "Daddy's back."

All of us stood up and clapped for Arthur, he still had scratches and cuts on his face and he still had a pale look, his arm was in a sling and he wore a purple crown.

"Come on, sit down everybody, sit down," Molly said, "That's it now presents!"

Molly handed out a gift for everyone. She started with Ginny and Ron

"A nice big box for Ron." Arthur said, which a happy smile on his face

"Big Box for you." Molly cooed back

She next handed the twins matching gifts, but different coloured wrapping paper, she switched them between her hands, and a confused look on her face. She eventually gave up and handed each twin the closest gift, but they ended up switching presents. She handed me a small gold-wrapped box with a red bow on top

"Come on, open up! I want to see your faces!" She said happily as Ron pulled out a brown jacket from his box. "Try it on!" She said happily.

I opened the box and it revealed a dark red hat with a gold bobble. It was extremely soft and comfortable, and a large smile formed on my face.

"Thanks mum it's perfect!" Ginny said happily

"Just what you wanted actually!" Molly said to both Ginny and Ron

"Thank you, Molly!" I said, pulling my new hat over my head and the twins threw their matching scarves around their necks.

"Come on then everyone, let's clean this away." Molly ushered, we all put our gifts back in our boxes and stowed them under the table. "Ooh! Harry, Harry! There you are, Happy Christmas!"

"Has everybody got one?" Molly asked, "Fred, George, Y/n?"

"A toast!" Arthur called, "A Christmas toast! To Mr Harry Potter, without whom I would not be here. Harry!"

"Harry!" We all called, and we all took a plate and filled it with food and we all had many conversations.

After lunch, Ginny, Hermione, and I decided to play my new record from my parents in my room. The three of us ran upstairs and into my room, pulled the record player forward, and put the record on. We listened to it once fully and loved it, so we played it again and we sang the song at the top of our lungs.