❛ 𝘚𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 ❜ | 𝑨𝙧𝙞𝙯𝙤𝙣𝙖

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Arizona Robbins x f!reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: none

You had to face a very long journey, from Los Angeles to Seattle, for a very important uterus transplant. You already met the patient some time ago. She had come for a consultation to try to have a baby since after so many attempts she had never succeeded. You did everything to help her, but she was furious. She wanted a baby badly. And she just blamed you and your methods, and she was gone, probably looking for some other study that could unnecessarily help her.

Then you were called by Grey-Sloan Memorial to perform one of the most important transplants in the world, your patient who has been diagnosed with a disease that compromised the formation of her uterus, and with one of the most important fetal surgeons, Arizona Robbins . You didn't believe it when you read that name.

It was her? The same Arizona Robbins from Johns Hopkins? The same gorgeous girl you were in love with?

Yes, you and Arizona were in a relationship when you both attended Johns Hopkins. But it was as though you both cared for each other you hurt each other... And in the end each one followed their own path without thinking or doing anything else. You were really sad for this.

The journey had tired you a lot, as soon as you arrived and entered in the hotel room you threw yourself on the bed, just wanting to close your eyes and be able to fall asleep.

The next day, when you entered the hospital, you asked for information about the patient in order to reach her. God, this place was huge, but it was amazing. You've never felt so disoriented.

Arizona was already in the patient's room, probably already explaining the various risks of the surgery. It was really her, the always cheerful one, with her smile and her unique way of being so beautiful and cute.

You entered with a smile at your patient, then turned to Arizona. She changed her expression and met your eyes. You couldn't tell if she looked happy, but a little surprised maybe.

You finished exposing the last details, now you just had to take her to the operating room, everything was ready for the surgery.

"Scalpel" the nurse handed you the scalpel, you looked at Arizona for a second, then lowered your gaze to begin the incision.

~×~

The surgery had gone perfectly. There were some complications, but nothing that together you couldn't solve. The patient was in the recovery room, as soon as she woke up you couldn't wait to tell her the good news.

"Y/n" you turned around and saw Arizona.

"Yes?" that's all you just answered not knowing what to say. How do we behave in these cases?

"We didn't have time to greet each others..." she tried to smile at you.

"Well, hi" you said turning back to the patient's room. If she was even a little interested in you she could have called you, but she didn't. Even you. You actually tried, but you never succeeded.

Now you didn't want to ignore her or act childish, of course, you still cared a lot about her, in fact, since you saw her again you've gone back to being 20 and feeling the same way. It sounded pathetic, but when you started your internship, you even wished that she had chosen the same place too.

"Y/n, it's been years" she figured you were still referencing that. When someone hurt you, you could hardly get over it.

"I know, in fact I don't know why you brought up the subject" you retorted pretending nothing happened.

"I missed you" she said causing you a rather surprised face.

"And you don't know how happy I am to see you again" she added with a sincere smile.

"But you didn't call, or looked for me" you said looking into her eyes.

"You too" It's true... "Unless you didn't care" you raised your eyebrows.

"I didn't cared? God, you have no idea how hurt I was about this!" you said raising your voice slightly at the end.

"We were so stupid..." she replied shaking her head.

You looked down not knowing what to say.

"You could stay here to work. Well, I mean, there aren't many fetal surgeons..." a smile came out spontaneously from your face.

"Seriously?" you asked laughing.

"Why not" she seemed really serious. "Together we'll work even better" it wouldn't have been so bad if you thought about it, it was true, during that surgery you both were awsome, imagine with others.

Before you could answer she pulled you by the arm into a call-room, closing the door.

"Wh-" she kissed you deeply placing her lips against yours interrupting you and making you feel so freaking good.

"Sorry, I- I couldn't don't do it-" you smiled at her biting your lower lip.

"And you're more beautiful than I remembered..." she added.

"So this is how new colleagues are welcomed in this hospital?" you asked with an ironic tone earning yourself another kiss.