❛ 𝘈𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 ❜ | 𝑨𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙬

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Andrew DeLuca x reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: mentions of injuries

The fire, the smoke, the fear, the anxiety, those were the only things you could remember, the only things that surrounded your mind and your body. Right now around you there were just people, many people you knew, that probably were worried for you. Breath was difficult in that moment, and mostly of your body parts hurt due of the burns. Someone put an oxygen mask on your face, as they kept talking about things you couldn't understand very well because of your current state. You knew you weren't okay, everything has been crazy, you just tried to do the best and help Stephanie.

"S-Steph..." you immediately remembered about her and took off the mask to talk.

"She is okay Y/n, now we're doing the best for you" Jackson reassured you. "But you mustn't make efforts" he added. You barely could nod, the weakness that had taken over your body got the better on you.

"Should we call Andrew?" Maggie asked. "I mean, he has no idea of what it's happening"

"Okay, but we don't even know where he could be" Meredith replied. Yeah, he was with the other doctors, helping all those people who has been in trouble because of that situation. You wanted him with you, you couldn't hide that you were a little scared, but you didn't want to worry him too much. You knew him, you knew how much he got involved in everything, especially if it was you. But anyway you didn't have enough strength to respond, the pain and flanking were strong.

"Yeah, he need to know, but I don't think this is the best moment..." Jackson said. "There are many people here, and I think we should tell him when everything will get better" they nodded to his affermation, then they focused again on you.

"Stephanie asked of Y/n, how is she?" Jo entered in your room, looking at you and hoping to hear a positive answer.

"We're dealing with it, she'll be okay" Jackson replied reassuring her.

Right when you were a little calmer, breath has become more difficult than before, you started caughing but then it became difficult too. The pain decreased, the weakness seemed like tiredness, so you closed your eyes, not feeling anything anymore.

"She's inhaled too much smoke, her lungs are damaged, she's in cardiac arrest!" Maggie exclaimed starting the compressions. "Wilson, we need a crash cart" Jo ran right away to find one, but there were so many people, and everything was no longer in its own place.

Andrew was talking to Richard about the fact to organize the situation. He glanced over at the girl, she seemed quite agitated. Apparently she found what she was looking for, but she has to try to walk on through all those people.

"Damn please, we're trying to save Y/n's life!" she screamed as she walked towards your room.

"What?" Andrew expression changed suddently. She approached her despite webber trying to stop him. "W-what have you said?" Jo turned to his as soon as she heard his voice. She wanted to explain, but she didn't have time to waste, so she kept running towards your room.

They took the defibrillators and released a charge, hoping to recover the pulse again. Andrew arrived right in that moment, after he followed Jo. He just looked at you, he couldn't explain the way how he felt in that moment.

"Y/n!" everyone turned to him when they heard him. His voice was a mix of feelings, he was so worried, broken and maybe angry too.

"DeLuca, we... are doing everything possible..." Meredith tried to calm him, but he was so confused and needed explanations, so he approached to you.

"What is-" he looked to your monitor, the line was still flat. "Y/n..."

"Andrew... please, you should go..." Jo pulled him away from where you were layed, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"We have the pulse!" Maggie sighed happily as everyone was glad too. Andrew was still quite shocked, but indeep he was relieved too.

"She is strong, she'll be fine, okay?" Jo said reassuring him. He couldn't say anything, he was still scared, for a moment he thought to lose you. Jo walked him out, finding a place for him to sit and be quiet. She then came back to the other doctors to help them.

Now he had to deal with the wait. It's not easy not know how the person you love and you care the most is. Maybe she was in surgery, or they were focused on her burns or maybe there was another complication. All of this killed him for a long time, he just wished to to see you good, to hear your voice talking with him or feel your presence safe with him. Andrew knew what would you do to help people, it was a big thing that united you, being doctors was what actually you wanted. And for him was very difficult not being there to do everything possible to help you. But he needed to stay strong.

He had no idea of how long he waited for some good news, but when she saw Jo he suddently got up.

"H-how is she? Can I see her?" he asked with the clear fear and hope in his voice.

Jo smiled to him "She's good, and yes, she asked to see you" the relief he felt at that moment was indescribable.

"My God, Y/n" he sighed smiling and couldn't wait to see you. Jo accompanied him to your room, where Jackson, Maggie and Meredith were still with you.

"Y/n!" you turned towards the entrance when you heard Andrew's voice, and you couldn't help to smiling as soon as you saw him. He reciprocated, he was so glad to see you okay.

"We took care of her burns and the rest of the damage, we did our best" Jackson said.

"Yeah, the convalescence will be long, but she will recover" Maggie added smiling.

"She is strong" Meredith looked at you.

"She is" Andrew added as you both looked at each other.

They checked you a last time and them went out of your room, letting a moment for you and Andrew. He approached to you, sitting next to you in your bed.

"You scared me to death, sometimes you just look more stubborn than me" he said smiling as you chuckled.

"That's why you love me" you replied. He looked at you in the eyes, stroking softly your hair. "I was so afraid tho..." you said taking his hand.

"I was very afraid too, but are fine now, and that's the only thing that matter" he said reassuring you. He held your hand and then he approached to your face to kiss you on the lips, lovingly and softly.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" you replied as your foreheads still touched.