❛ 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 ❜ | 𝑰𝙯𝙯𝙞𝙚

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Izzie Stevens x Shepherd!f!reader♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: none

You would never have thought that working with your brother would be pleasant, being the eldest you would have thought that he would treat you like a child or that he would rather take on the more interesting cases. But it was fun, together you were a very strong team. You liked working in this place, you were fine. Except that a lot of guys were always flirting with you, like Mark, Jackson, Andrew, Owen and then Derek with some of his friends. Yeah he did that thing where he took over your life, but you hated it. Well it could certainly be said that you were beautiful and smart, but all this just annoyed you.

As if that weren't enough your stupid brother came to ask you about why you didn't want to go out with anyone, not that you didn't want to, but he seemed to do it on purpose. It's just lesbianism.

Some evenings you went out on your own to the bar, you spent time, you made new acquaintances. Until one day you ran into a girl who hit you right away. She was beautiful, nice, with that long blond hair and that light in her eyes that immediately made you think 'I absolutely must know this woman'. Izzie Stevens, that was her name, and you certainly could never forget it.

The first night she has already had made you feel something, you had left her your number hoping she would call you, and so it had been. Then working you discovered that she was part of the group of residents, and it was a surprise. It is difficult to remain professional after all that pleasant time you spent together.

Well you could tell that ever since you met her you felt happy, and the thing that made you feel better was the fact that she seemed to feel the same way about you. But you still preferred to keep things a secret, it seemed more exciting and you held it more responsible considering the work factors. Even if there was no shortage of flirting. Let's say that you were the one creating the most tension, you just had to get closer than expected starting to whisper a few words to her and Izzie would start biting her lower lip trying to stay focused. But at the end of the day and shifts she liked to catch up on what you left off during the day.

It seemed that as time went by she was getting more serious, sometimes you even tended to spend whole days together at your house, because in hers there were her friends, and no one didn't know yet. But she wouldn't continue to be a guest, she wanted to invite you to her, make you feel like a queen and let you try all the recipes in the world. So you couldn't do anything but accept.

Even she didn't mind that your affair might have gone public, she made sure the house was free of everyone so you could pass the time in any way you could, and you were relieved about that.

You came down from the room attracted by a delicious smell coming from the kitchen, finding your beautiful girlfriend cooking something of very good of course.

"So you're cheating on me with the sweets?" you asked laughing as you hugged her from behind.

"Oh instead I think that after you taste some of this you'll want to marry me" she said smiling and turning to you to kiss you.

"Woah, hi" Derek and Meredith surprised you in the kitchen. You hadn't even heard them. "When did you think to telling me?" Derek added.

"We..." you began to find some excuses. "We was... uhm, she just wanted me to taste some things..." you said.

"What, her tongue?" Meredith said smiling and making Derek laugh.

"Wh- no, shut up!" Izzie just looked at you confused as you kept to invent weird excuses. She didn't understand why.

"Oh, you're not wearing your pants" Derek pointed. It was true, you only had a long sweater that reached down to your knees.

"I don't need them, I'm okay like this" you replied indifferent.

"Yeah, I think Izzie agrees" they looked so amused, this just annoyed you so much. You turned to Izzie, noticing her eyes shining at you.

"Is our relationship a burden to you? I'm so sorry if I bother you so much" she put the ladle down on the table rather hard, and walked away from the kitchen towards the stairs.

Meredith and Derek finally called it quits having noticed that the situation had become more serious.

"Izzie!" you called her in vain, so you followed her to her room. She was sitting on the bed, she looked so sad. In fact, you realized that treating her like this wasn't nice of you, you hurt her, and now seeing her like this hurt you, making you feel guilty.

"Hey..." you sat next to her taking her hand which she quickly withdrew.

"If you don't care about us, about me it's okay, you should say it" she told you standing up and looking at your face.

"Don't say it, I care Izzie, a lot" you approached her stroking her cheek, but she still walked away from you.

"When I care about a person I show it, because I like to make them feel loved and wanted, but you don't. You hide us like you're ashamed...and that's not a good feeling Y/n" she told you as you looked at the floor. Then you looked into her eyes again.

"I... I'm not good at it...showing my feelings... it's not one of my best traits. I always get paranoid about everything, prejudices, or future problems. I know maybe it's bad, you're not the problem, it's me..." you sat on the bed. After a few minutes, she approached you again.

"I want to make it work, you made me fall in love" you smiled as she ran a hand through your hair.

"I want it too" you gave her a light kiss on her lips, which she deepened in approval. Your hands roamed over her body, pulling her closer to you, while hers remained in your hair. She made you fall in love too.