❛ 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ❜ | 𝑴𝙖𝙧𝙠

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Mark Sloan x reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: none

The first thing you did the morning of your return was call Meredith.

These ten months have felt like an eternity away from all the people you cared about, you missed them all so much. Of course, you loved your job, it made you feel like never before, but the most difficult thing was certainly not having the people you loved most with you.

Meredith was so happy for the news of your return. When you called her, you made sure she didn't tell Mark.

Oh God, that's the only thing you've never stopped thinking about. Every day helped you move forward stronger. It was so sad when you had to leave, it was the only reason you ever wanted to stay. You promised him that you would come back as soon as possible, and finally that day had come.

You planned a surprise that would make him very happy. Meredith and Derek would drive you to the hospital as soon as Mark started his surgery so he wouldn't see you.

All this time he had been just stressing those poor two. He kept insisting that you'd already gotten over him or started a new life with someone else. In short, it had become completely unbearable. But that meant that someone had finally really made him fall in love, and that someone was you.

After you got a text from Derek that they were on their way, you started getting ready. You took your sexiest dress out of your closet and put it on. It wasn't actually an over top dress, but he loved the effect it had on you.

You put the lipstick and a little makeup, not too much, but enough to make you even more presentable, and gave your hair a little touch-up.

"Damn, I look hot!" you said looking in the mirror.

You smiled at your reflection, grabbed your things, and walked over to Derek's car.

You got in sitting on the back seats.

"Hey, you're really-"

"Yes yes, now- just go!" you said interrupting Meredith and rushing Derek to leave. Oh, you couldn't wait to see him.

"So Mark won't see me?" you asked one last time to be sure before getting out of the car.

"No, he's finishing his surgery. We have booked another operating room, no one else will be able to use it, and later Meredith will call him and tell him that there will be another urgent case that we need him" you smiled and hugged both of them.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" they laughed.

"Well, go!" Meredith said smiling at you. You went out greeting and thanking them, and ran towards the hospital entrance. You went looking for the hall and entered.

You sat on the operating table, waiting. Wow, it was strange to be in an empty and silent operating room. Almost creepy...

"What's happening?!" you heard Mark's voice, he seemed confused not understanding what Meredith wanted to tell him. Then you saw him. And he saw you.

You stood up as he stood in front of you in the sink area. He took off his scrub cap and immediately entered the room.

"Mark-" you didn't even have time to smile at him or finish the sentence that the first thing he did as soon as he was in front of you was kissing you. It was a long kiss, and it was so intense that it was as if there was nothing for you anymore. He put his hands in your hair as you put your arms around his neck.

Neither of you could have ended that moment, but a few minutes later you snapped back to reality.

You opened your eyes smiling at him.

"Please just tell me that this isn't a dream cause you appeared here like a Godness..." his smile widened even more and his tone was still incredulous. "Well I've already dreamed you some nights ago..." He added making you laugh.

"It's everything real" you gave him another little kiss.

"When did you arrive?"

"This morning, I couldn't wait to see you" you said looking into his light blue eyes.

"Meredith knew it and didn't tell me?! Wait, you didn't tell me!" he said in a slightly offended tone still laughing as he put his hands on your hips bringing you closer to him.

"I wanted to surprise you"

"God, how much I love you" he hugged you picking you up, making you put your legs around his waist, and he started kissing you again.

"I love you too, and I missed you so much" you stopped the kiss to tell him.

"I don't know how I've been without you all these days" He made you on the table and took a moment to look at you better, sweeping his gaze up and down your entire body. "And you're hotter than I remembered..." you laughed shaking your head.

"I don't want you to leave me alone all this time anymore" he said caressing your cheek.

"You know I'm part of the military, there will be other departures..." just the thought saddened him.

"Ok, it means that I'll have to enjoy every single moment with you..." he moved closer to you holding you and placing his lips against yours again, always in a passionate and pleasant way. You loved him so much, every second of this moment and every time you were together was precious.