nine

''You need to get three red flags and one yellow once you complete it you will receive a reward. A feast awaits the winner tonight. At each station there is a guard. So you can't cheat and skip the station. Before nightfall you should be able to return and whoever can't make it, they are the group assigned to hunt up the woods.''

I'm walking on the dense forest as we begin to search for the red flag as we started trekking mountains, and tall trees surrounded us.

''Do we have to do this? Instead of me being at home playing my XBOX, I'm here with you getting myself crazy with you exhausting myself.'' Oliver complained as he walked behind us.

We won't get lost because it's only circular according to the GPS. The thought brought a smile to Walter's face and threw a glance as he followed my steps.

The forest hums with life all around me gazing up at the canopy, The sun breaks through the cracks, lighting up the dirt path ahead of me. My legs were moving torpidly. The sounds I could fathom were the crispy sound each footstep of mine made.

We reached the marked First Point. There was the red flag which was the first part we needed to complete the task assigned to us.

But before I even got to the other set, I accidentally twisted my ankle. Walter noticed that and immediately approached me.

I writhed in pain and could not step on my other leg.

''You get the blue flag, I'll take care of Sanders.'' He ordered his friend Oliver and went ahead of us.

''Don't move. It will be swollen but we need ice to relieve the pain. Can you still walk?''

I don't think I can. He decided that he would carry me on his back until we reached camp. He took my foot after getting ice.

He applied the ice to my ankle while my foot rested on his leg. I watched him while he treated my foot.

''This is how my mom treats my ankle when I got sprained when I play football this is the first aid my mom would do.'' He says.

He could hear me wincing because of the pain from the swelling of my ankle.

We didn't participate in the game anymore after something happened to me. Oliver picked up the game after we left him earlier.

''Maybe this is what you do to your girlfriend. Lucky her.'' I mumbled.

He stopped for a moment and looked at me.

''If this happens to a special person which is close to my heart, I will do the same.'' He says, glancing upward.

He asked for a bandage and wrapped it around my ankle. A few minutes later after I rested my ankle, we went out while Walter helped me.

I saw Ruby obviously cheering holding the four flags. I saw that he looked towards where I was while Walter was holding my arm.

''I would have to declare we have a winner. Team Emerald wins the game!'' Our head teacher announced and Ruby raised her hand.

Oliver came over to us and secretly handed over the pizza they had won earlier in the game.

''How's Sanders doing? How's her ankle? Her nurse is doing great.'' He gives us a smirk and tapped Walter's shoulder as he said that statement.

''By the way, Mrs. MacQuoid
is calling you.''

Walter excused himself and went with Oliver as they were both heading out of the tent. I was sitting after they left when Catherine did FaceTime and I answered her call.

''How is my sweetie? Don't strain yourself too much. Don't forget to drink the honey I seasoned that I put in your bag.''

When Walter entered the tent. Mom noticed that the direction of my eyes changed.