six

I stood listening to our teacher discussing about mitochondria as our teacher took us around the science lab.

''A mitochondrion is a double membrane-bound organelle found in most eukaryotic organisms. Mitochondria generate most of the cell's supply of adenosine triphosphagte, used as a source of chemical energy. '' He say.

I took down notes. My other classmates were also there as our teacher demonstrated the lesson so we can understood. Some of the first batches of our classmates used the microscope. I looked to my right and saw Jasper. My teacher is still busy with them. So I thought of leaving my seat and went to him.

The two of us walked away from the crowd.

''Can I talk to you?'' I say. ''I just want to thank you for saving everything. But I know it's painful to your part. And I left astounded after I found what you did about the case.''

''I just want to make up with you. In what dad did. I've been hurting you so much." He swore.

Our teacher was still talking but he didn't pay attention to us because he's a little bit distracted by the students who were there. We have two sections with us. With the rest of our schoolmates.

''I'm sorry for what I did. I treat you for milkshake after school?''

When we went to Devil Spot I was happy to be with him. I can't hide the smile on my lips. It's only now that I'm happy again. I sip my milkshake. He just stared at my face. Looking into my eyes. Those smiles of his, those charming eyes of his while he sits across my table.

''Mr. Sanders?'' We heard from behind me.

Jasper and I looked at each other when Murry suddenly arrived. Just a few tables away from the counter. I know he will going to scold me again this time. Jasper stood up but Murry glanced at him. He left the counter and went to our table.

''Hey sir, your daughter just asked me if she can go with me after school and she says to treat me milkshake.'' He stammered.

But Murry stopped him from speaking.

''No need to explain Jasper. I'm the one who ashamed of. I know it's hard for you as a son to see your father gets in jail and arrested.''

'' I only did that sir because I don't want to make it difficult for you.''

He patted his shoulder. Jasper smiles. He took a chair and accompanied us to our table.

''I want to thank you for what you did. For saving Catherine. You know it's hard for us especially her, her sufferings for years now.'' He continued.

By tradition, Junior High School Northwoodians were given the chance to strengthen bonds and make new friends through the annual acquaintance party with the theme to the mass culture of 1980's.

There was a knock on my door.

'' Wait a second, '' I say, then opened the door while dressing up for the acquaintance party at school. Jasper placed his hand at the head jamb of the door frame.

He approached me and held me on both my hips. ''You look fucking gorgeous in that dress.'

And he kissed me.

We were close to each other while he pulled me over him. I gaze at his face.''Wait,'' I say as he leaves his grip on me.

''Nah, I want you here.'' He whispers.

''Murry might suddenly come in.'' I shrieked.

Then he pocketed both his hands.

Students needs to bring their baby picture before the party and show all the photos during the party. After checking the picture of the baby, reflect the face of the classmate and urge the students to decide which photos belong to which person. This motivates students to start personal conversations in the classroom. And to show each picture at the end of the party and ask who is who. All correct inference awards prize.