31

today is september 14th, and it also happens to be jisung's birthday. the blonde has meticulously planned how he wants to spend this special day that comes around only once a year.

moreover, today is the day he's chosen to reveal to his friends that he's in a relationship with none other than lee minho, the chief detective superintendent.

now, you might be curious as to why jisung's apartment unit number is the same as his birthday. the reason behind this is jisung's own forgetfulness. despite being an exceptional detective who solves cases left and right, jisung has an unusual tendency to forget things. he willingly paid extra to customize his unit number to match his birthday, ensuring that he wouldn't forget it.

for his birthday celebration, jisung has planned to visit a barbecue place near their apartment complex. after the meal, he intends to spend the rest of the day with his beloved, lee minho.

after doing a final check of his belongings, jisung checked his phone and saw a text from minho saying he's waiting outside his apartment. with everything in order, jisung made his way down to minho's car.

-----

as soon as the younger came down, minho greeted him with a kiss.

"happy birthday, love," he said, pecking jisung's lips.

"thank you, min," the younger smiled, and they both got into the car.

while in the car, jisung shared his plan for the day with the older.

"i'm going to tell them, minho," he said with a sigh.

minho noticed that jisung seemed nervous, so he placed his free arm on the younger's thigh, moving it in a circling motion to calm him.

"are you sure you're ready, love?" he asked, ensuring that jisung knew he was willing to wait for him to announce their relationship when he felt comfortable, and that he didn't need to feel pressured.

"yes, min. my friends deserve to know," jisung said, giving minho a slight smile. the gesture helped calm his nerves.

-----

the moment jisung opened the door to his department office, he was greeted with many "happy birthday" wishes from his co-workers and friends. jisung thanked them, feeling his heart warmed by their gestures.

felix came running up to him as usual, hugging him tightly. "happy birthday, my twin, jiji!" he exclaimed.

"thank you, lix. since our birthdays are just a day apart, let's celebrate together, yeah?"

felix looked up at jisung with tearful eyes. "jiji..." he trailed off.

jisung playfully nudged the younger. "stop being dramatic, lix," he said with a laugh.

chan and seungmin then approached jisung. "happy birthday, ji!" they both greeted.

"what's your plan for today?" seungmin asked.

"oh, i want to invite you guys to the barbecue place near our apartment."

"that place serves really good food," chan added.

"oh! i almost forgot something." felix interjected, walking to his shared desk with jisung to fetch something.

he returned to the three with a container in hand. "what's that, lix?" jisung asked, studying the container.

"it's brownies! there's enough for everyone in this room!" felix exclaimed, and everyone in the room cheered for felix's kind gesture.

-----