14

jisung could hear his heart beating loudly. he was in the hot seat now, confronted by his friends.

deciding to first answer chan's question, jisung didn't even get to open his mouth when minho approached them.

'could this day get any better?'

jisung felt his body stiffen, trying to avoid eye contact with minho, looking anywhere but at him.

"mr. lee, good morning," chan greeted, noticing minho's approach.

seungmin didn't say anything to minho, while felix greeted him happily.

"mr. lee, good morning!!!!" felix chimed.

minho gave them a nod, then approached jisung and greeted him with a smile, "good morning, mr. han."

the other three were taken aback by minho's demeanor towards jisung. minho had given the younger a smile and a proper greeting, while they had only received a nod from him.

jisung's mind went blank. he was afraid to speak, worried that he might stutter in front of them, so he just gave the older a nod.

minho noticed a change in jisung's approach, so he looked at the three, asking them indifferently, "what are you guys talking about?"

felix was too scared to speak, and seungmin didn't want to engage with minho, so chan spoke on their behalf.

"oh, we just asked about jisung's day and the hangout you had last time," chan said.

chan wasn't really afraid of minho, considering they were almost in similar work positions and status, he was also older. at times, chan even addressed minho casually.

"hangout? oh, you meant our date at the lake," minho clarified, his tone carrying a hint of pride.

jisung turned as red as a tomato because minho had referred to it as a date instead of a hangout. he stood still amidst them all, fearful that any movement would expose all his secrets to minho.

you guys went on a date?" felix curiously asked, glancing between minho and jisung.

"it...was not a date," jisung whispered, looking down.

"what did you say, jiji? no one heard what jisung said."

meanwhile, chan was surprised by minho's response, him calling it a date. seungmin just glared at the man in front of him.

"anyways, mr. han, wanna have lunch together?" minho invited.

the three people looked at jisung, anticipating his answer.

jisung was overwhelmed right now; he didn't know what to say. he wanted to say yes, but at the same time, he also needed to sort out his feelings for the older.

the blonde looked at minho apologetically, "sorry, mr. lee, i can't go. i already promised my friends that i'll go with them since i didn't
joined them for lunch last time," jisung reasoned.

the three 'friends' he mentioned didn't even know what jisung was talking about, but they immediately grasped what he meant.

"yes, jisung will spend his lunch with us today. so if you'll excuse us, mr. lee, we still have work to do," seungmin said in a not-so-nice tone, while glancing at jisung, his eyes indicating that he needed to explain some things later.

"oh, okay. i understand," minho said, already walking away from the group, but jisung stopped him.

"w-wait, you left your phone at my house yesterday..." jisung quietly said, holding onto minho's arm to stop him from moving further.