6

after lunch break, jisung and the others returned to their office. he spent the whole day doing mundane tasks with felix, connecting this with that.

after work, jisung waited for chan and seungmin outside their workplace. the three friends lived in separate apartment units in the same building, so they often went home together when their work ended simultaneously.

"hey, ji!" chan called out to jisung, who was pacing nearby.

jisung quickly looked up as chan and seungmin approached him.

felix had already gone home ahead of them since his place was in the opposite direction.

"wanna hang at my place tonight?" chan asked, putting his arm around jisung's shoulder.

"mhm, sure. i don't have much work today since felix helped me earlier," jisung replied, letting chan's arm rest on his shoulder.

"then, how about you, seung?" chan turned to seungmin, who was on his phone.

seungmin looked up from his phone, "yeah, sure," he plainly said.

the three friends headed in the direction of their apartment, but chan realized he was running low on snacks and needed to make a quick stop at the convenience store.

"shit... i almost forgot, i'm running a bit low on snacks," chan stated, wincing at the thought of his snack cabinet being empty.

"it's okay, hyung. i'll buy some at the convenience store not far from here. you guys can just wait here," jisung volunteered.

"you sure? we can just come with you," seungmin offered.

"nah, you don't have to. i just need to turn back and cross the street. it's not far."

"alright, ji. be careful," chan reminded, and jisung quickly made his way to the convenience store.

-----

jisung arrived at the convenience store. he then picked up a bunch of snacks and some drinks of his choice.

while he was choosing snacks, he felt something...odd, as if someone was watching him. however, there was no one paying attention to him, and only a few people were inside the store.

jisung dismissed the feeling, thinking he might just be stressed and overthinking.

he paid at the counter and quickly headed back to where seungmin and chan were waiting.

as he walked, the feeling of being watched, and now, followed, still lingered.

jisung began walking faster, hoping it was just his imagination.

minutes passed and he couldn't bear the feeling any longer, so he turned around and confronted the situation.

"i know you're following me, you stalker!" he exclaimed, fortunately there was no one around to witness his outburst.

he waited for a response, but there was none. his heart started beating rapidly, and in a panic, he started running.

he ran and ran until seungmin and chan finally came into his sight.

chan and seungmin noticed how distressed jisung looked, but before they could say anything, jisung grabbed both of their hands and started running with them.

"j-jisung, wait, w-wait," chan huffed for air.

jisung made them run with him until they were out of breath.

"i think we're safe..." jisung trailed off, looking around.

"JI WTF? YOU JUST MADE ME RUN A DAMN MARATHON." seungmin complained, still panting.