First Day Of School.

Chara pov:
--------------------------------------------------------

It's been exactly two weeks since that day, but in that time, I've learned my mother's name and, most likely, my own.
Natsuki, Suzuki Natsuki, but every time I tried to pronounce her name without thinking, I got it wrong, so I happily gave up for the time being. My name was strange to me because it was Ichika, which means "flowers," but I gradually accepted it.

My mother picked me up from my bed when I awoke. "Good morning, honey," she said as she kissed my forehead; I'm used to it by now. While I played with the bubbles, my mother was bathing me while she removed my garments. Mother remarked, "It seems like you're excited for your upcoming first day at school," As soon as I got ready, my mother finalized her attire, and then I changed into a green shirt of long length, shorts in brown that were not too long, and bright red shoes. As they walked to the store, Chara couldn't shake off the feeling of despair that had been haunting her. She felt like she was always walking in the shadows, never able to step into the light.

“Mama. D-does happiness exist? Could I ever be happy?” As she recalled the image of her family members in their dying forms, tears of sorrow threatened to stream down her melancholy face. “Ichika!? Don’t you cry! "Sweetie, happiness is like a treasure that we all possess within ourselves, and sometimes it takes a little effort and time to find it but believe me, it's always worth the search." Observing her face becomes more radiant. Hopefully, I looked up at her with my eyes red.

“But you know Mama will be super happy if she could become your happiness!” As she clasped my face gently in her hands, she spoke in a whisper that sounded both near and far with its softness.

“Just know that Mother will always be here to make you smile. I love you, sweetie! Just remember that.”

"Mama! Yes!" I exclaim happily. As my mother picked me up. “Ready to go shopping!?” As I threw my hands in the air, I felt overjoyed and beamed at her smile. “easy!”

Natsuki pov:
As I was walking my little girl to school, I smiled happily as she sang her ABCs, a little off-key, but she'll get there, and as we approached the gates, I kissed her on the cheeks and asked, "Remember who we are?" I release her grip. "A super team," As my little girl dashes into school, she waves goodbye and flashes me a bright, cheerful wink in response.

As I proceeded to work, I hummed a melodious tune that my daughter enjoyed hearing before going to bed while admiring the adorable expression on her face. As I entered a dimly lit alley, I felt my smile disappear when I noticed a group of suspicious individuals watching me. However, they quickly lost interest in me as I continued on my way to work.

I would never disclose my behind-the-scenes activities to my daughter or father. "Ready to scum some people out of their money?"

A man stepped out of the pitch black, inquiring as I absent-mindedly gazed his way. "Money is money. You are aware that I'm always ready. Let it be done by 3."

While scribbling into the notebook given by her mother, Chara watches the teacher speak and explain the solutions to a math problem.

"Could you help us out, Suzuki-san? Tanaka-san owned 5 frogs each but later gave 3 of them to Yamamoto-kun. Can you tell us how many frogs Tanaka-san is left with?” She lifted her head and gazed deeply into the forest-green eyes of the teacher. “Is it two, Nanako-sensei?” She asked with fake confusion as some of the class gasped.

“Good job, Suzuki-san! Mind explaining how you've gotten the answer?” Standing up from her seat, Nanako, the teacher, asked and Chara addressed the class who were all looking at her. “of course, Nanako-sensei. First, he stated with 5” She displayed her hand, which had all five fingers visible.

“Then gave 3 away” She lowered three of her fingers, leaving only two fingers raised. “going off my fingers it's two.” She informed as Nanako clipped her hands together. "Fantastic work! It's already lunchtime, so let's all grab our lunch and head outside afterward.”

I reached for my bag unzipping it as I took out my lunch.

As the teacher instructed us to form a line, the class engaged in conversation with each other. We followed her outside where we saw other children playing and running around. Uncertain of where to go for a moment she averted her gaze until she caught the sound of a nearby scream.

"Ah-" Her attention was then drawn in that direction, but her heart sank as she witnessed a young girl being struck in the abdomen by another girl. Why isn't the teacher intervening? Humans are always so sinful, filled with vines of hatred for others that leave nothing but shame. I hate humanity…