wait, where am I?

Chara's intense pain dissipated instantly. Looking around with an intense expression, she endeavored to comprehend the various noises that surrounded her.

.
.
.

She tried multiple times to get the person who was embracing her to leave.

"'It's okay, honey, Mama is here' - what a soothing tone?" Mother. What sort of nonsense is this woman uttering?

Chara wasn't scared as she watched the rubber grab her hands and pull her against him, using her as a shield against the cops, who didn't even have a gun. She notes that the individual was clasping her tightly with one hand while utilizing fire magic with the other.

“My baby, girl!”
With a sense of desperation, the mother extended her hand towards Chara as the man's companion forcefully pushed her aside.

“ Stay down lady!”

The man's companion yelled as a variety of shaped wooden objects circled him.

“ Listen here! "You'll let me go, or this child gets it! You hear me! ” I blinked for a second, getting yerked once more, gazing at the cops and the weirdly dressed people outside. Is it Halloween already?

“ We are paying attention to your requests. Just don't hurt the kid.”

I suppose it's pointless to ponder for too long. I will not give up hope. I'll make it home! In some way or another. I refuse to give in to this never-ending confusion!

You’re filled with determination.