Chapter 49

She went inside the police station. The department on the outside was big and had large tinted dark glass doors and windows. When she got inside, detective Petra was the first to notice her presence. Petra was standing by another detective's desk conversing and stopped to see Nina standing by the door.  

                       "Nina? What are you doing here? Is everything okay?" She asked.

                       "Yess... I'm fine but..." She paused and saw detective Sturgis coming out of his office, flicking the switch off and putting on his trench coat. Then he sees her.

                       "But what?" She asked. Nina did not just want to talk to her, she wanted to talk with the both of them. 

                       "Nina, what are you doing here?" He asked, sauntering towards them.

                       "I wanted to talk to you two together," Nina said.

                       "Well we are listening," he said. Nina told them everything, and left no details out. She even told them about Jenny. They do not believe in spirits too much but they knew she was telling the truth.

                       "That's why that son of bitch was always acting strange, slamming the door on us. We are going to get him and the rest of those losers. Petra, we need to get our search team to Chicago, now," he commanded.

                       "On it," she said, walking away and pulled out her cell phone.

                       "Nina, thank you very much for helping us with this case. We couldn't have done this without you," he said.

                       "That's what I am here for sir," she said.

                       "I may put in a job offer for you to join us in  different cases from the inside. How does that sound?" He asked.

                      "Oh my God, what? Hell yes. Thank you so much detective. I don't know if my parents would approve of me working with you guys because I told them I wanted to always pursue art and fashion," she said.

                     "We could really use you Nina. You are a very talented kid. I am serious. We could also use you to be our sketch artist here as well and in electronic graphics," he said, encouraging her.

                     "Omg. Since it's art involved, I am down with that," she said, astonished.

                     "I will convince your parents. After I'm done, they will approve, trust me," he said.

                     "I will take your word on that one sir," she said, giggling.

                     "Call me Sturgis," he said, putting his hand out.

                     "Okay Sturgis haha," she laughed and shook his hand.