Chapter 48

Nina ran as fast as she could away from that mansion. When she ended on the California E-way, she stopped running. She was stranded on a deserted land. She stooped to the E-way road to see if a car was coming, and she saw nothing. "A long road ahead. What if they try to find me here?" She asked herself. She kept walking on the extensive road. She started sweating and getting dehydrated. It was really hot in Los Angeles. The heat was so high up. 30 minutes later she saw something down the road, until it came closer. It was a large army green transfer dump truck in a standard trailer with a movable cargo container, which can also be loaded with construction aggregate, gravel, sand, asphalt, klinkers, snow, wood chips, triple mix, etc. She waved her hand giving the driver a signal that she needed a lift. When the dump truck pulled in front of her she saw it was a man with a long black beard and ponytail. He was wearing a gray tank top shirt, with hairy hands. He smiled at her, and waved. "Hi young lady. Hop in," she crossed over to the passenger side and leaped herself up and got into the truck. "Thank you so much. I really needed this," she said. "No problem. Where are you headed?" He asked. "You wouldn't mind taking me to the California Police Department?" She asked. "Wooe... Who's in trouble?" He asked. "It's a loooong story. I had to really fight to get here," she said. "Someone after you young lady?" He asked her and she did not say anything. "Hey, is it some crazy asshoe after you? Because if he is, just spread the word and I can kill the son of a bitch," he asked. "No. It's not like that," she said. "Good, one thing I hate is an asshole putting his hands on a woman. Back in my time men used to beat other men for fighting a woman. Now in this generation we kill assholes for doing that," he admitted. "Thank you for caring but no. It's more like a man and a group of men and women after me," she said. "What are you in some kind of cult honey?" He asked, curiously. "No, no cult," she said, trying to explain what happened to her in a short story. "Oh good God. I'm definitely taking you to that police station in a giffy. Those ass holes are gonna get what they deserve. An hour later he dropped her off to the police station. "Thank you so much sir. This ride meant a lot," she said, jumping down from the dump truck. "Take it easy young lady. Be safe," he said, caringly and waved. "Thank you," she said, smiling and waving back. "And young lady?" She turned back around towards the truck. "Yes?" She said. "Nail those bastards. They deserve it," he said, seriously. "I definitely will sir, you can count on that," she said, truthfully. "Alrighty young lady, goodbye," he said, reaching over to close the passenger door, and drove away. "Bye," she said, waving again.