51

It was like being stuck in an endless dream. In this dream, he was not alone. He was in agony, but the dream soothed the pain. He saw as a pink haired girl pushed him on a swing. He also saw as a pink haired girl beat him in a spar. Gaara could not recall a pink haired girl from his childhood. He could not recall ever fist bumping and getting curry with a pink haired girl after a spar. The only pink haired girl he knew was Sakura Hatake.
———————
As soon as Temari saw a flash of pink, she quickly ran to her. "Sakura-San, my brother, please save him," she gasped out and stared up at the pinkette. Sakura looked around the room. Hinata had quickly taken on her role as a medic and was doing splendid work on Kankuro. "I'm a little offended you didn't ask me," Kakashi stated and looked at the blonde. "Do you happen to have an item with his scent?" Temari blushed and pulled out a folded piece of paper from her pocket, and Sakura quickly recognized it. She raised a solemn eyebrows at the sandy haired shinobi who only blushed more. " I see," Sakura stated, and she stared at her father. Kakashi only smiled and grabbed Naruto, "Now then, we'll be right back."
—————
Naruto did not plan to die with an old retired granny by his side. He wanted to build a family. He wanted to if possibly take Sakura out to ramen. He wanted to see her smile, kami knows he would never die before he sees her smile. "Maybe if you stopped day dreaming you would see that Hinata-chan has just stabbed you with the cure," Chiyo stated and looked around the cavern. Oh what a mess Sasori had made. It really hurt her to end his life, but to soften the blow, Naruto dealt the final blow. She glanced back at the two shinobi and shook her head. That poor girl was in love with the loud boy. It was painfully obvious to her that he did not realize it at all. "Come now, I've heard Hatakes don't play nicely," she stated and ran into  the woods.
——————
As her fire jutsu made contact with the back of the blond, she huffed and fell from the sky.
The bomber was loud and obnoxious, and for the first time, someone had beaten Naruto in who can talk the most nonsense. She watched as the clay bird once again swooped down and opened its beak to cut her in half. She carefully timed the arrival of the bomber. She knew Gaara was inside the bird but getting to Gaara was not her mission. That's why when the bird was one millisecond away she pulled out a kunai and stabbed it into the clay, and locked eyes with the blond. He smirked and was prepared to mock her, until he suddenly found himself in the air with a scorching pain on his stomach.

"You could never appreciate art," he muttered, and she raised a solemn eyebrow. "You paint the earth with blood , yet you don't appreciate the art you leave behind. It's such a waste," he stated and started laughing, "You host the Kyubi and have the Sharingan. You are art itself! That's why so many people want you dead. That's why," he muttered as he gathered chakra, "Art is an explosion and if you are art, then you have to explode." For her, it was a disgusting sight to see Deidara become so large and round, but she knew better. Once her foot had touched ground, she could feel the fire sting the back of her uniform as she ran towards the location of her father. Rescuing Gaara was Kakashi's mission, and killing an Akatsuki member was Sakura's mission.
———————
"What are we going to tell Temari?" Naruto whispered as Hinata looked at the ground. There was no doubt, Gaara was gone. She had tried everything, but nothing worked on the red haired boy. Chiyo slowly looked at the soft features of the red head. So young and naive, yet he paid the price for something he didn't want in the first place. She looked around, and her eyes stopped at the pinkette. That was the girl the sand siblings would not stop talking about. The great Sakura Hatake. What was so special about her? What made Gaara write to her? There she stood as a true soldier, she thought and it saddened her. She knew of Sakura Hatake, the young prodigy. How she hated having to see a child grow up so fast. A child deserved to make mistakes and deserved to play with the sand. A child deserved to be happy.

She gave a sad smile and sat next to the red head with her arms extended. She muttered a few words and saw as a blue glow slowly surrounded the area. "Chiyo-sama," she heard from the pinkette, "That is a forbidden jutsu. You will die if you continue giving your life force away." The old lady grinned and looked at the pinkette. "Well darling," she stated and looked Kakashi in the eye, "Gaara is just a child. He has more to give and has yet to live. A child deserves to grow. That is why I am not hesitating. Please let me do this."
———
Gaara did not want to wake up from the dream. He begged for whoever was pulling him away to let him be with his friend. He hated being alone. So when he opened his eyes, he heard many cheers from familiar people. It did not matter to him though, as when he looked up he saw the familiar pink hair, and green eye. "Subaku, you're alive," she stated and offered him a hand. For some reason, those three words were everything to him. He blinked once, gave a smile, and did not hesitate to take her hand.