46

------

Itachi felt the breeze go through his hair. He stood in the middle of the training grounds. There he waited for his foolish brother and waited with a smile. A smile only reserved for Sasuke, but Itachi smiled at the wind. He felt a lonesome tear fall down but kept smiling. Another tear fell and he finally opened his eyes. "Goodbye, Sasuke," he whispered and took a seat in the middle of the training grounds.

-----

She already knew. She had concluded that he would leave, and he left. She had heard that Ino Yamanaka had tried to stop him, but she was nowhere close to succeeding. She scowled under her mask and shook her head. To abandon one's village wasn't unheard of, but it had happened to the young genins. She shook her head once again at the meeting of the retrieval. She was to accompany some genins. To her surprise, they were all Naruto's friends. "Shikamaru Nara, lead the mission," Minato stated and looked at Sakura, "You're to capture Uchiha Sasuke." Sakura stared with an indifferent stare, but when Shikamaru had finally exited, Minato spoke. "Fugaku does not want his son to return, Sakura," he said, and she raised her lone eyebrow. "What is the point of me in this mission?". "He wants his son to gain experience in the outside world. You'll be going to Sasuke directly and to confront him. Keep out an eye for Orochimaru. Information is what matters, Blossom."

------

The Nara showed too much emotion.  She did keep in mind that the squad was dwindling as each member fought their battle. They would be fine, she concluded. As each member was left behind to fight their battle, she realized it was her and one genin left. Lee was amazed that he stood next to a powerhouse. Her seriousness and swift moves urged him to keep up, but soon they were stopped by one of Orochimaru's companions. Sakura made sure to glance back at the genin and glanced at the coffin. She looked up at the sound nin and quickly jumped into a battle of taijutsu. Her goal was to get to the coffin, but she wanted to see the ninja's real strength. They danced around each other, but once the coffin opened and a familiar silhouette came out. She did a few hand signs and made sure to use her fireball jutsu on the nin and jumped back.

-------

Sasuke expected Naruto or Itachi. He would take either of them instead of Sakura. He took a step back and turned. His goal was at an arm's reach, but with Sakura here, it could fastly be taken away. Once he took a step to ran, he knew Sakura would be on him. A game of fox and rabbit. Sakura made sure to look back at the genin and threw a nod at the sound nin. The message was clear,' Take  care of him.' Lee got ready for an offensive position, and Sakura ran after Sasuke. The Sound nin was about to jump in her way but found himself to be held by sand. Sakura cast a glance to her side and was shocked to see a familiar shade of red. She only had a second to be shocked and the next one, she was after her target.

-------

The Sand siblings had arrived and were on a mission to help out the Konoha genin. As Gaara neared the area where he had seen fire come from, he halted a bit as he saw the familiar pink hair. His fingers twitched, and he saw the slightest movements of Sakura moving. He shook his head and sent the sand towards the sand nin and felt him struggle. He saw as Sakura started chasing Sasuke and instead focused on his battle. As he ran, he could only hear his heavy breaths and footsteps. It seemed to him that he was in a never ending chase with Sakura tailing him. He grunted as he felt a heavy weight against his back and he stumbled across a cliff. He looked around and froze as he caught sight of the pink hair. Sakura softly walked and stood a distance away from Sasuke. It was just the two of them.
——————
Sasuke tensed at the lack of noise and took a step back with a scowl. "I'm not going back. I'll fight you if I have to. I'll even kill you, Sakura. I'd be doing the village a favor," he screamed and Sakura just stared ahead. "I don't care to bring you back. The leaf has no space for scum." He glared at her and crouched down in a defensive position. He would fight anyone even a monster like her. As soon as he jumped into the air and aimed a kick down at her, she grabbed his leg and twisted it, slamming him into the ground. Sasuke let out a gasp and dodged a kick to his head. He jumped and flipped a distance away from her. She had grabbed him so easily, and he didn't even get to see it with his Sharingan.
————-
She made sure to appear in front of him and gave him a good kick to the stomach, sending him farther away from her and into the woods. She watched as he disappeared into the darkness and dusted off her uniform. She didn't care to bring him back. She was just completing the orders of the Hokage. She simply turned back and walked to her home, leaving Sasuke and her old broken bond behind.