Chapter 1 ~ Unanswered questions

10 years later

(I've not kept track of ages so for arguments sake I'm changing them)
Veronica's POV

The door slammed shut, I rolled my eyes. "Stop doing that!" I yelled hoping my words would find their way inside somehow.
"Whatever!" A voice shouted back, I shook my head and lay back in the deck chair; soaking up some California rays. A lot has changed in the last ten years for starters I now live in San Diego, after Oliver left me I bought a house in Sheffield. It was relatively close to him, something like twenty minutes in a car but I couldn't take it anymore. Sheffield was too small and I felt trapped, I couldn't get away from Oli and Hannah as they seemed to be everywhere. It wasn't always in person. Oh no, it went as far as posters, photos, music and even tweets that I was always tagged in. I stayed for around two years but then it all got too much, I got bored and my life seemed to be some kind of hole that I couldn't get out from; so I moved. Granted, I probably could of moved somewhere closer and maybe looking back on it now moving countries was probably a little extreme but it was needed.

In the end Oliver wasn't really bothered, I took years off from touring but he didn't. Out of the twelve months of the year he was on tour for nine of them if we were lucky. When I say 'we' I obviously mean the kids. I'm not saying that Oliver never made an effort because he did, when he was available or touring in the area he would fly over and take them out or take them on holiday and sometimes when he was too busy in Sheffield the kids would fly over and visit him for a few weeks. He also always rang and texted so he never really missed out on that much. I kept my house in Sheffield but I also bought one out here, it was a great summer house at first but then I fell in love and decided I didn't want to leave so I figured why should I? I could do everything I wanted to do here. I also lived rather close to Tony, Mike and Jaime so they were always round when they had time. Jaime's now married to Jess, they have a son together and they make such a lovely couple. Jess is a teacher and they met a few months before Oliver and I separated, apparently it was love at first sight and their wedding was beautiful. Mike's dating Alysha, he met her through me. I met her on a shoot one day and we quickly became friends, Mike came round one night when Alysha and I were catching up and the rest is history really. Tony also met someone, her name is Erin and they met when he walked into her bakery. Tony claims it was fate as he noticed her when she was putting a turtle cake out on the window display.

"Hey mum." Ashley said as he walked through the double doors and gave me a hug, of course I told him when I thought he was old enough that I wasn't his real mum and I told him the whole story about how his mum died protecting him and that his dad ran off because it was too much to handle. Ashley took it really hard as most kids would but he still calls me 'mum' because and I quote I "was the only mother he had ever known."
"Good day?" I asked, sitting up straight. He nodded
"Aaron and I spent most of the day at the skate park-" Ashley began but before he could carry on several more doors slammed in the kitchen. He smirks "I see happy's home."
"Erm, I heard that." a voice replied as she walked the through the door revealing a very annoyed looking Alex.
"Erm, you were supposed to." Ashley provoked, they soon began bickering and I sighed. It soon came to a halt when a familiar figure walked through the door, it was literally like a hotel. "Yo kiddo's." Mike greeted, ruffling the tops of their heads. "I hope the both of you aren't arguing with each other."
"No."
"Never."
He grinned and sat down "Alright, off you go, be annoying somewhere else." Ashley and Alex flicked him on his forehead before leaving the room in deep discussion. "Well someone looks like they've had a busy day." he smirked as he looked at me sunbathing.
"I'll have you know I've been working for most of it." I laughed, pretending to be hurt.
"Yeah yeah, only got your word for that." Mike fired "Where's Josh and Marnie?"
"He's at the studio and Marnie's at Lindsey's."