Kitty takedown

It's your first time meeting your girlfriends mom and her humongous dog.

TW: being knocked over by a dog.

"Sweetheart, please relax I promise you have nothing to be nervous about," said Taylor on the way to her moms house. 

You and Taylor had been dating for about six months when she decided it was time for you to meet one of the most important people in her life. You were different from the other people that Taylor had dated before. You were a NY times best selling author but you hadn't really had much of a life in the public eye before meeting Taylor. It was obvious to Taylor that you loved her for who she was and could care less about the fame or money and it was what made Taylor fall for you. 

"We're here," said Taylor pulling into the driveway. At first you didn't move anywhere, your body felt frozen in place. "It's going to be fine babe. I just know she's gonna love you." Your girlfriend walked around to your side of the car and held her hand out to you supportively helping you walk up to the front door. Taylor rung the doorbell and you felt like your heart was going to burst out of your chest or you were going to throw up everything in your stomach. However the sound of barking instantly calmed you down. You loved animals and whenever they were in your presence you instantly felt comforted.

"Hi sweetie," Andrea said greeting her daughter while opening the door you both stepped inside feeling slightly more confident. However you didn't realize this dog was closer to the size of a horse. Normally a large dog wouldn't be a problem however the large dog seemed to think she was the size of a chihuahua and upon running up to say hello immediately jumped up on your 5'2 frame and knocked you completely onto the ground. "Kitty," Andrea said scolding the dog. "Off, that's not how we treat our guests." 

"It's alright," you said laughing slightly. "If this is how I'm meant to leave this world I'm more than okay with it," you reassured petting the Great Dane as she licked your face. All hope of looking graceful in front of Taylor's mom had gone out the window.

They both managed to get Kitty off of you and gave her a gentle scolding. "Are you okay, babe?" Taylor asked worriedly looking you over. 

You nodded, "I'm fine." 

"I saw you hit your head I'll get you some ice," said Andrea walking to the kitchen despite your protests.

"Kitty sit," commanded Taylor before turning back to you.

"Taylor I'm fine." You didn't want a fuss to be made over you. 

"Sweetheart, just let my mom fuss over you. It's her thing."

You sighed, "okay."

"I can tell she already really likes you by the way," she said kissing your forehead.

"Really?" You said feeling slightly relieved,

She nodded, "the way she's treating you as if you're her own child. I'm surprised she's not driving you to the hospital right now," she joked. 

You smiled looking at the giant gratefully, "thanks Kitty," you said petting her head. 

"Kitty also approves if that wasn't already apparent," Taylor laughed making you chuckle as well. 

Andrea then returned with your ice and a glass of water. "Alright. I'm so sorry Y/N. I had no idea Kitty would do that," she said before hugging you warmly. "Let's go sit on the couch so you can rest."

As you sat down Kitty made sure to follow and sat right next to you making it clear that you were now her puppy. You let Taylor and Andrea both know it was okay before going to pet the dog in all the places you knew she'd love. "You, and Andrea, began to talk immediately bonding and it was pretty clear that Taylor was right. Mama Swift was going to love you but not as much as Kitty.