Sister!reader Dodgeball

A/N and disclaimer: Andrea and Scott Swift passed away years ago and Taylor is her sisters legal guardian. I am not in anyway assuming Taylor or Karlies sexuality this is merely fiction. 

.

TW: Bullying, being bullied because of a siblings sexuality, dodgeball, mentions of blood and bruising.

You ignored the snickering girls standing across from you. Your sister Taylor had recently gone public about her sexuality and relationship with supermodel Karlie Kloss. Most of the kids at your school were cool about it and didn't really care, this was the 21st century after all. 

However unfortunately the two of you did live in Nashville which was the south. Some people could still be pretty judge mental. Those people unfortunately spewed their negativity onto their children who even now in high school couldn't act civil and still acted as if they were in middle school.

To be fair you weren't their only target, but you were there only target in this gym class. Of course your teacher hadn't noticed because he was too focused on repeating the rules you had all known since elementary school. 

You also hadn't told Taylor or really anyone about the situation going on currently. Her and Karlie were already scared of coming out and you didn't want to stress them even further. Even confiding in Austin would probably result in Taylor finding out because he would just tell her. Your sister had always been extremely cautious and worried about how the things she said/did could affect you and you knew she'd beat herself up if she found out about these girls. 

The stupid gym teacher then proceeded to bring out a bag of volleyballs. You for sure thought he was joking. Apparently all the dodgeballs had been thrown away over the years and he thought it'd be no big deal to replace soft foam balls with hard volleyballs. 

You were not an athletic person by any means. You were always focused on academics constantly having your nose in a book but you knew enough about volleyball to know if one hit you...it would hurt. And looking at the girls across from you they were determined to hit you.

As soon as the whistle went off, havoc ensued.

The game went exactly how you thought it would, the mean girls were aiming for you. At first you managed to do a decent job of avoiding them which would result in someone else getting hit. Some girls sat on the side lines with aching limbs while others shouted encouragement at those of us still playing.

You had made the mistake of letting your attention be pulled from the game for a split second which gave your bullies a perfect opportunity to attack their prey. 

You were short sighted, like Taylor and usually wore contacts. However occasionally you'd forego them and wear glasses instead in gym class they didn't usually pose a problem until today. 

A volleyball had hit you directly in the face. Your glasses were pushed into the bridge of your nose, the force pushing you back and causing your eyes to water slightly. 

The pain wasn't like anything you'd felt before and that was saying a lot because your period cramps were often so painful to the point that you became immobile.

Another ball was thrown in your direction before you could recover, this time hitting the side of your face but this time, the impact worse. 

Your glasses were gone, and you struggled to stay on your feet. The world was spinning, all the voices around you were growing distant. Soon enough everything went silent and your vision was black.

.

You woke up being wheeled into the ER after being taken to the hospital from your school in an ambulance.