The Taylor Grammy hate (not a fic)

TW: people being idiots. Everyone needs to touch grass myself included. 

The criticism and hate Taylor is receiving after the Grammys last night is absolutely ridiculous. She was not snubbing Celine Dion Taylor was the first person to stand up when Celine walked out to present the award. However, people were told not to hug or touch Celine without her permission due to a neurological condition so Taylor did not. Celine didn't look offended in any way, shape or form not to mention there were multiple pictures of them interacting backstage. Also I love Miley but if we're talking about Taylor forgetting to acknowledge Celine Miley also didn't acknowledge Meryl Streep when she presented her with an award...

People said it was in poor taste for Taylor to bring Lana on stage when she won AOTY. However Lana was featured on Midnights and it is traditional for the artist to bring all album contributors in stage for the acceptance speech if Taylor didn't bring Lana on stage people would've seen it as a snub. People were talking about how Lana looked upset/uncomfortable guess what? That's not Taylor's problem. If anything it's Lana's job to lose gracefully and stand up there and look happy for her friend. It's okay to be upset but nominees need to understand there's a good chance they're not winning and prepare themselves either way. Your friend won album of the year an album you were featured on and you went to the awards as her date so yeah you need to put on a brave face and stand up there with her. 

I also saw the whole thing as Taylor wanting to celebrate Lana too cause she was also in the category/featured on the album and is an inspiration to Taylor. 

Jay Z is so entitled. I'm sorry but your wife is not owed AOTY and after your stunt I doubt she will ever win. Literally you both are rich, famous and living lives some people can only dream of and your upset she didn't win an award? Again, you can be upset but don't be a sore loser. 

A few other things

-Taylor and Ed Sheeran don't have beef just cause they weren't hanging out/talking the whole time

- they were at different tables 

- they took photos together

- they were hanging out together at the after party 

Taylor and Olivia do not have beef 

- Taylor was dancing during vampire

- Olivia blew her a kiss afterwards and stood for Taylor when she won both times.

Lastly it was not in "poor taste" for Taylor to announce her album at the Grammys. She is not the first and only artist to announce a project at an award show. She did not overshadow everyone else. People are still excited that Miley won her first Grammy, that Billie eilish won, that Luke combs and Tracy Chapman performed together. 

This is the same women who stood for every artist that won even when they beat her.

The same women who stood and danced to every performer.

And the same women who gave SZA her fan when she was overheated. 

Okay I really hope I didn't step on any toes. If you disagree with me on anything that's okay, just be respectful about it. Mostly I just think everyone needs to touch grass most likely myself included...

#taylorswift #taylorswiftgrammys #taylorswiftrant #taylorswiftxlanadelrey #taylorswiftxcelinedion #taylorswiftxoliviarodrigo #taylorswiftxedsheeran #nonfiction #rant #authorsnote