You lost your mom

You and Taylor were getting married. Your girlfriend had proposed a few months and you couldn't have been more happy...or so you thought. You were both currently at Andrea's house talking about the wedding. 

After planning a lot of the wedding you were really starting to miss your own mom. She was your best friend and had passed away three years ago. Grief was one of those things that never quite went away. Some days it was more manageable to the point you'd barely even notice it, however some days like today it was almost unbearable. Sure you still had your dad and brothers, but you knew the day was going to feel incomplete.

Both Taylor and Andrea have noticed how withdrawn you've become in the last few minutes. You'd been trying to hide whenever you feel this way for everyone else's sake but especially Taylor's. However the pain was becoming so intense it almost felt physical.

That night Taylor decided to check in with you while you were getting ready for bed. "Is everything okay sweetheart? You seemed a little upset today?" She asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." You said brushing her off. 

"Are you sure sweetheart? Is it the wedding? Do you not want to go through with it anymore?"

"No it's not that," you said immediately. "It's just planning this wedding has made me really miss my mom more than anything," you said starting to break down.

Taylor sat down behind you on the bed placing you between her legs so you were leaning up against her chest. "It's not fair," you sobbed in your girlfriends arms.

"Oh baby, no it's not," she said soothing you. "I'm so sorry I didn't realize you were hurting."

"She should be here to watch me try on wedding dresses, and eat wedding cake flavors with me, she was the first person I wanted to tell when we got engaged." Taylor kissed the top of your head. Words weren't coming easily to her for once. So instead she just continued to hold you and whisper sweet nothings in your ear until you fell asleep in her arms.