Chapter 29: Be Still

Start from the beginning

"Well- Miss (L/N) there is an arch over Venus. You have an anchoring over your change, and well-.. Miss (Y/N), in all my years of teaching, I have never yielded a cup to the likes of this. Why don't you read over Nattys some more whilst I study this? If I may?" Professor Onais' fingernails dug into my cup, with a somewhat eager ability. I slowly nodded. 

"Of course Professor."

Professor Onai took off to her desk at once, as she rummaged for a parchment, but my eyes went back to Natty. "Was it that bad?"

"No- it was more so, confusing. She probably wants to read deeper into it because it's probably something she could put into an exam question, I wouldn't worry about it." Natty attempted a calm shrug. She was lying to me, and rather badly. I paid to mind to it, and played along with her, as I went back to reading her leaves for the remainder of the class. 

I left to the library after class, taking my extra hour and a half to study. I had my free periods for a reason. I tried to put the tea out of my mind. I made my way to history of magic, and there he was. Ominis had taken to fidgeting with his quill for a moment, I sidled up next to him. My hand brushing briefly over his shoulder. 

"How was Arithmancy?"

"Easy as always, it's rather important. I don't understand how you could pick divination over it." He gave me a soft smile like he always did. I felt his knee knocking to mine as I sat down properly. 

"I'll have you know divination is a rather complicated subject that has shown significant progress. I know a seer after all." I rolled my eyes, my words were almost a joke. But I wasn't lying. 

"You know a seer?" Ominis gave a small laugh. "Now that's a lie."

I had yet to tell many of my friends of my many ventures last year. Upon how I ran in with many portraits. The only one that really knew about it was- Sebastian. My heart panged to the thought. Rackham. The Rookwoods, it all rushed to me for a moment. But I pushed the bitter thoughts away. But I changed the subject to a normality. 

"Okay, well- I did only pick Divination to ease out my timetable. It's an easy subject, you just read all the little squiggles and stare into a crystal ball for a half hour!"

"Ah, now there's the truth." Ominis teased. 

Class went on, as me and Ominis did our notes, his elbow knocking mine every now and then. I knew I still had the hickeys upon my neck, but they had began to fade, which didn't bother me. Binns went on- and on- and on- like he always did. 

Eventually, the bell tolled, as we made our way to the final class of the day. Defence against the dark arts. Despite not going outside as much as I liked, the summer air was upon us but fading. I could feel my skin becoming sticky under my hefty cloak. Ominis hand was upon mine as we walked. We walked into class, as the tables were laid out, as me and Ominis sat side by side once more. As we sat. I saw something that was somewhat off putting. 

Sebastian, a few desks ahead was sitting with Imelda herself. If I was a muggle, I'd have called her a witch of a woman, but now she was just a plain bitch.

I noticed how Imeldas' expression was light, as she looked into Sebastians' eyes. How she laughed as he spoke. How he laughed back at the sound of her expression. I noticed how her hand softly rested upon his arm. I was staring at them. For too long. Far too long. The only thing that yanked me back to reality was when I felt the hair on my neck standing up. I looked around. Afew desks behind me. Garreth sat, staring at me, and when I caught his eye, he simply raised his brows, and scoffed. 

Did he see me look at Sebastian?

Was I jealous of Imelda?

No-