Chapter 4 : Time to pass

By the time I had left Sebastian, I had hopped off my broom, I was in the courtyard, as I walked back to my dorm. I had realised that I had to meet with professor Weasley before the train left. Well- it was long gone now.

When I opened the common room door, I was alone, the fire cracked, as logs began to droop. I looked at the table, as I spotted a note, in loopy handwriting, I picked it up. It read my name. I unfurled it.

Dear (Y/N)

I went looking for you, My mother is taking me to the ministry for some time to give a statement on the poachers that attacked me. I assume they will be writing to you soon. I will be back in two or three weeks, I'm sorry that it was such short notice. I hope this letter finds you well, as much as the others from me that will follow.

Sincerely, Your Friend

Natsai Onai

I was alone again. I had hoped to find her here. I looked out at the window as the sun still shone. I crumpled it, throwing it to the fire. I didn't want to be alone right now, so, I took off to the room of requirement, to brew some potions and collect herbs. 

I pulled at the Dittany, as I then proceeded to shove it in the cauldron behind me. The bubbling was a comfort, but I could hear the mandrake rummaging around in its soil. When I had finished, I went off to tend to the mooncalfs. Petting them, feeding them, as I did with all my animals, I was sitting on the ground with the Puffskeins as they nuzzled into my hands for food. 

Hours had passed, in which I knew I had to talk to Professor Weasley now. I headed out of the vivarium, only to find her standing before me, with Deek. But she hadn't noticed me yet. 

"And this is all the potions and things Miss (Y/N) has grown, oh yes, many of them." Deek explained. I took a step forward, that was when she turned. 

"Ah! Yes- (L/N) the arrangements have been made for your stay this year, I do hope it is to your liking." She smiled. 

I hoped it would be to my liking too.