Those words always haunted him.

Haunted him everywhere... everytime....

Haunted him in his dreams, made them into nightmares.

San was slowly held by his forearms. Looking to his side, he saw his side, he saw his mother, helping him to stand up.

San's legs were shaking badly. His back hurted like held. He could not stand properly.

He was slowly ascending on the stairs but tripped and fell on his knees, brusing them. A quiet yet high pitched hissing sound was heard from his mom. She crooked her brows.

Eventually, they came inside the room.

As soon as San sat on the bed, he broke down.

"M-mom..." his voice broke.

His mom didn't utter a single word. San crooked his brows and stared at her in confusion.

After a long term of silence, she took a deep breath.

"Why can't you be a bit strong...?"

San flinched at her tone. More tears ran down his cheeks as he continued to stare at her.

"If you could get a little bit strong or courageous, maybe we would not had to see this day..." with that she exited the room, leaving San crying.

[Back to the time San is only 9 years old]

San stood infront the mirror in his room. He was crying as a few minutes ago he had harsh beating from his father.

Tears ran down his cheeks uncontrollably. His heart was already broken from the lack of love he received and he truly wanted to get a bit strong and bold.

"WHY?!" he shouted at his reflection, scolding himself.

"WHY THE HECK AM I LIKE THIS?!" he continued to shout, pointing towards his reflection. Eyes were already puffy and red.

"W-WHY THE HECK CAN'T I BE BOLD?! OR SCARY?! OR ANYTHING...but p-pathetic..." his voice broke at the end of the sentence.

He slowly sat down, facing his reflection. Crying with his head down, against his knees, he occasionally glanced at his reflection.

[Back to the time when San is in 10th grade]

San was finally able make some friends, although they weren't real ones. They all were using San just for getting help in their homeworks or projects.

They never used to talk to him other than studies related.

But San liked this anyways. Atleast had someone to talk to.

It was almost the end of that year, end of his 10th grade. He had recieved an invitation from one of those friends.

It was a birthday invitation. Indeed.

He felt so much happy. It was his first invitation to any party or occasions.

"You coming, right?" he suddenly heard a voice, beside him. He saw one of his 'friends'.

Without thinking much, he nodded his head at a high velocity. His friend too nodded slightly.

He was very excited to attend it. It was after two days.

As soon as the bell rang, he ran towards his house.

Getting to his house, he hugged his mom tightly from behind.

"Hey... What happened...?" she asked quietly.

San snuggled his head onto her back. Moving his head up, he giggled.
"

I got an invitation..." he said while giggling.

"That's so sooo nice dear... I'm so happy..." she uttered as she kept the dishes in the dish holder, washing them.

San was very happy. He almost ran towards his room and crashed on it. Smiling like crazy.

Those two days were like 2 years for San. He barely had any sleep the day before.

The invitation was for dinner.

"Finally!!" he cheered happy, kicking the bed with his toes as he was lying down on his stomach. Occasionally nudged his head inside the pillow he was lying on.

"Hope everything goes well..."

He sighed and closed his eyes, praying the night would go by quickly and tomorrow night would come by soon.

Afterall first invitation is always exciting!!
Isn't it...?

........

[To be continued ~~~]

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Sorry for the late updateee!! Exams are on (⁠〒⁠﹏⁠〒⁠)

Hope you all liked it!!

See you all soon!!! :)))