35. i only ever think of you.

Vinnie's pov

Like those boring Sunday nights, the boys and I are out in some arcade. Today it's Two Bits Circus. Fun and all, but we had been here for at least 4 hours, and we were tired and hungry. That's how we ended up back in Thomas' car, eating burgers from Mcdonald's. Thomas' car couldn't fit us all though, so I drove half of us. But now we're all squizzed in his car.

"Honestly, if these are boring Sunday nights, we should be bored more often." Jack says. He chose the arcade today, so next time he's probably not going to have as much fun as today.

"Party Sundays are still better." Alex counters. I agree with him. I love spending time with the boys, but that's what we do every day. It's always nice to see new faces around. Except, for some reason, the last parties have been awful. They always have tears or fights.

My phone starts ringing in my back pocket. It's pretty late, so it catches me off guard. I pull it out and read the name on the screen.

Lena<3

That's definitely not who I was expecting. I look at the screen for a couple of seconds before I remember I actually have to answer or decline the call.

"I have to take this. I'll be right back." I inform everyone. While everyone shrugs it off, Jack looks at me suspiciously. I rarely just pick up calls while I'm hanging out with friends. But I'd take this call even if it woke me up in the middle of the night. I usually call back later, but for Lena to be calling me, something's up.

After dropping my burger and getting out of the car, I pick up the call.

"Vinnie? Vinnie? Are you there? Can you hear me? Vinnie?" Lena speaks as soon as the call goes. Her voice is shaky and uneasy.

"Hey Lena, what's wrong?" I respond. I hear a lot of noise in the background, so she isn't home. My heart sinks in worry. "Where are you?"

"I'm here. Can you come pick me up? Please, I don't know what to do." She sounds like she's on the verge of tears. I try to stay calm so I can help her.

"Lena, where's 'here'?"

"The frat house. I'm cold and... I don't know, I just can't think really well." She slurs. "Oh God, my head's spinning." She says, probably to herself.

Ok, so she's drunk. I have no idea where UCLA's frat house is. I know where the sorority is, but not the frat house.

"Lena listen to me. Can you share your location?" I hope she's not too drunk to do that. I know she drinks, but not so much to call someone she really dislikes. I'm trying my best to not ask her right now what the hell is wrong because she's giving me bad anxiety.

"Vinnie I have a Samsung. I don't know how to share my location with a fucing iPhone." She starts crying. Sobbing. If it was any other time, I'd make a joke about it, but right now it just makes me impatient.

"Ok, ask someone around the address." I suggest. What could have happened? She's shaky, crying, and panicked and she called me.

"Hey, sorry, where am I?" She asks, her voice distant from the speaker.

"Lena, ask for the address."

"Address." She corrects herself. The guy tells her and before she refers it to me, I put it on Maps and get in my car. I tie my seat belt before I remember I'm here with friends. I quickly text Jack I left and don't even wait for a reply before driving off.

I finally get to the street and obviously, I don't need anyone to tell me which house it is. I stayed on the call with Lena this whole time without saying much, if not calming her down, because I'm too scared to just leave her. I don't yet know what happened, but it must be serious for her to have called me.