07. "it's not that she doesn't like you, it's just..."

********

"Hey, Lei, wake up." I hear a very very soft voice in my hear and I feel a hand on my back.

I open my eyes and next to is Vinnie. Fuck, I've never seen his face this close.

We are looking at each other in the eyes. I have throwback to the first time his face was close to mine.

"Um," He starts taking his hand away, very slowly. "Gigi wants to go home now." He says, but not moving his body. It takes me a few seconds to realize I'm supposed to answer.

"Right, um so I'm gonna go now." I start moving away.

He looks at me still laying down as I stand up and arrange my hair and my clothes. I slightly smile at him and look away.

"Ok, bye. " I say once I'm done. "And thanks for letting me stay." I laugh a bit.

"It's nothing. Bye." He smiles and I smile one more time before leaving his room.

I head downstairs and I find Larray and Gigi waiting for me.

"Did you sleep well?" Gigi chuckles.

"Let's go already." I roll my eyes. "What's the time anyways?"

"9. C'mon let's go." Larray answers.

As usual, Gigi and Larray are cracking jokes in the car, while I think. I check Vinnie's post on Instagram about us.

" 'Because God forbid we both have this shirt' Lena, 2021" he captioned the goofy photo. I chuckle a bit before receiving a call from Esme. She never calls, so I know where this is going.

"Who is it?" Larray turns around.

"Esme." I answer before picking the call. "Heyy"

"Babe, what's up with your name being on tiktok drama?" She asks with a clear smile in her voice. I roll my eyes, even though she can't see me.

"The internet is just crazy. We both had the same t shirt so people assumed I had his shirt or vice-versa." I say and and Larray chuckles while Gigi comments on how that's what everyone's talking about.

"Hey Gigi and Lena's other friend!!!" Esme greets when she hears their voices. I put it on speaker so they can hear.

"It's Larray!" He laughs.

"Oh fuckkkk, he's realllll" Esme says with a laugh.

"No, I'm actually a bot." Larray laughs. She laughs too. Larray and Esme start having a full on conversation like they've know each other for a while. They mention Gigi and I here and there to talk about how annoying we are and we shut them up. But thinking about, Larray and Esme would get along a lot because they both kind of play the role of our parents.

"Oh and Lena, mom's going to call you soon, screaming in you hear." Esme says casually.

"What why??" I say removing it from speaker.

"Oh she saw the post" she chuckles "she called me first actually, I defended you, but it didn't know what to say so you still have some explanation to do."

"Fuck, thanks anyways."

We talk for the rest of the ride until I get home and we get off the phone.

Larray drops us off and heads home.

"Y'all could have just left me there," I say in the elevator "I'm so tireddd" I yawn.

"Is Vinnie's bed that good?" She laughs. I didn't know she knew I fell asleep on his bed. I thought if she did knew, she'd have a scowl on her face. But she's doesn't. She really trusts me. I'm an idiot.