30. "that's all i ever wanted."

hey guys, i left a note at the end, so don't forget to check it out <33

"Guys, the cupcakes should be ready now!" Amira yells, probably because if she doesn't, we wouldn't mind her.

"Then go get them, stupid." Mia throws a pillow at Amira and continues telling us about that time she dressed as a unicorn for Halloween.

"And for that," Amira says, throwing the pillow back at Mia. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Oh my God, Amira, just go! You already know the story." Mia says exasperated but with a hint of a smile on her face.

"Yeah, and somehow I didn't know this unicorn had a brown horn." Amira replies.

Mia and Amira go on and on about who should get the cupcakes while Gigi laughs at them. Neither of them gives in. But I love cupcakes, and I'd rather go get them myself than wait for them to choose somebody.

"Would you guys just shut up!" I yell at them in between my laugh. "I'll go get them. Because I'm the mature one." I say proudly.

They disagree with me, but I leave them to keep talking and head for the kitchen. I would let this night go on forever. I smile thinking about the amazing time I'm having. I much needed one, to calm myself from all the... things that have been going on.

I get to the kitchen and take out the cupcakes from the oven and put them, one after the other, on a plate. Just to get more fun, I place three on a plate and put the rest on my plate. I chuckle as I try to get all the cupcakes to stay on mine.

"And what are you laughing at this time?" I hear a voice which catches me off guard, making me snap my head to the door. It's Vinnie, who's laughing.

"Why do you do this every time?" I laugh at the irony of this. It's not the first time we're repeating past scenarios and the thought of it makes me smile. Maybe he's thinking that too. I wish I could point it out. I keep my focus on the cupcakes as he walks into the kitchen, towards me.

"I'll have that." He says, snatching a cupcake from my hand.

"Vinnie!" I exclaim. Not that I care though. I turn to look at him as he rests on the kitchen aisle, opposite me. I put my hands on my hips, waiting for him to apologize or something. He just looks back at me, eating his cupcake. A smile starts finding its way on my face and I turn back to the counter, setting the cupcakes. I hear him chuckle and it reminds me of when times were simpler. It feels like when times were simpler. Except now we're talking with caution. I almost want to make a comment asking him why this time they allowed us to stay on the same floor.

"Having fun up there?"

"Yes." I simply state. I feel like he's treading lightly. Like he wants to bring up Monday.

Silence.

"I heard you told Gigi about... us- me, I guess."

Oh.

"I guess I did." I answer trying not to come off too nervous. Amira definitely has a hand in this. The day after I told Gigi, I told Amira I told Gigi. Amira was happy like she always was when I used to talk to her about Vinnie. She said not only is it good for Gigi and I's friendship, but also for the four of us because friendships without evident secrets are better, which is exactly why I Gigi.

Neither of us says anything.

"Look, I've been thinking about Monday. I know it's like stupid to think about this in particular because there are other things about Monday, but how did you just come up with those names?" Vinnie asks with a light confused chuckle. I'm glad he brought it up. It's one thing I've been wanting to explain to him.