34. i don't fuck my sister's friends.

I'm having my moment of rebellion and I'm loving it. I finally don't owe anyone anything and I can do what I like and kiss who I want. I haven't done the latter, though. I'm working on it. Josh's hands are everywhere on me as we dance, but I still haven't got his lips on mine. He hasn't either. He's waiting for me. But for now, I'm okay with this. My head is gone, but I will definitely need a few more shots to make out with him—enough shots to forget Vinnie.

As of right now, Esther doesn't seem to mind that things with Peter are mid because she's grinding on him like she's trying to make up for all the boredom in their relationship. It's funny to me because Peter is taking it all in as if he feels the same. I wonder if they're going to break up. At that point, dating Josh is completely off the shelf because part of the reason I feel at ease with him is because Esther and her boyfriend are with us. It always feels like we're double dating and so it's not just the two of us. Don't get me wrong, he's awesome and hot, but being with any guy right now just feels wrong.

I take another shot from the tray before getting back to Josh, to give myself the initiative to flirt more with Josh. I turn my back to him and wrap my arms around his neck, moving his head to my neck. I can hear him breathing and I can feel his breath on my neck. It's hot. I press myself further into him and his grip on my waist tightens. I should turn around and kiss him now, but I'm afraid if I do I'll ruin everything if I realize it is still Vinnie I want to be kissing. What the fuck is my life?

The song playing ends and Josh releases me. I turn and look at him and he's smirking while I'm smiling. If I met him before Vinnie, I definitely would have been heels over head for him. After Josh smoothly winks at me, he walks backwards away. Before I can wipe away this stupid smile trying to spread across my face, I feel a hand on my shoulder. It's Esther.

"Girl, fuck him already. It's basically a sex party."

I chuckle and take a look at Esther. She can barely keep her eyes open as she offers me the shot in her hand. I take it and I feel it fill my body. I instantly feel more drowsy. It feels good. I feel good. I smile lazily at Esther and she does the same and I laugh. Actually laugh, as I hug her because I'm sure we look so stupid right now.

"Someone needs a seat." Ava's voice is barely audible as she joins us.

"Are you whispering or am I going deaf?" I ask. 

"You're going deaf." Ava spits. Ava is still mad at me and I still don't like her. She looks back at Esther with more sympathy. "You need water."

Her costume, which is identical to Esther's, looks so good on her and, maybe it's because I don't like her, but it makes me jealous.

"You fucked your target yet?" Esther slurs, still wrapped around me. Ava glances at me who is looking at her surprised.

"You moved on quick, I see." I say. It's the second time I'm talking to her without being talked to, maybe that's why she looks irritated. And also because I'm throwing shade.

"You too, I see." Ava nudges towards the way Josh went and anger almost bursts out of my veins. But I contain it.

"Vinnie and I haven't been anything for weeks!" I'm clearly very defensive, but I don't care.

"He's still stuck up on you though." Ava says it as if it's a bad thing.

"Good thing I don't care." I fire back.

"Bitch, you were crying over him two weeks ago."

"Are you slow? I said we haven't been a thing for weeks. I don't owe him anything." She's getting on my nerves because I already know what her reply is going to be and she's right.